AFL Draft 2018 Thread

I don’t suppose he elaborated?

a. his name
II he is from a netball club (and yes I understand the connection with the football club)
c. ■■■■ Sydney
4. reminds of the Blaine bockhurst pick

How many rookie picks do we have?

Draper, Mynott

I’d assume Clarke and Neagle for the final 2 spot?

Yep, doesn’t always turn up to training, medical appointments and his eating habits. Good kid, just doesn’t seem to have the drive.

Ok… Well if true then it is no surprise that he didn’t get picked up, I guess.

One further rookie pick so we have a list of 39 plus 5 Cat A rookies and 2 Cat B rookies

1 live rookie pick to go !

1 Like

1 live one? Clarke has 1 of the three spots who has the other one? I didn’t think Neagle was a certainty. I thought that nomination was a “we might take you”…

Mozzy, Ham and Gown.

@alex.f.94 draft nightmare comes true.

So many puns to be had.

2 Likes

Neagle is our player given we nominated to pick him up and he withdrew from the draft.

We might not want Neagle after picking up mozzy.

Saad Gown off Ham.

1 Like

Small fwd vs running hb/midfielder? I don’t think there’s a major conflict there.

(Neagle played a bit as a small fwd when he was younger, but tbh that’s what happens at u18 level with talented kids who aren’t fit enough)

2 Likes

Ah, I had in my head he was a small forward.

There aren’t really any standout draft day ‘winners’ this year.

It’s hard to look past Gold Coasts first 3 (Lukosious, Rankine and King) but they could all be gone in 12 months.

I like GWS draft Caldwell, Hill, OHalloran and Hately a good mix which covers the depth they have lost and addresses their needs.

I really like what Brisbane are doing recently drafting with an eye on their list and more importantly, their culture. They’ll be disappointed to miss out on Cameron though.

1 Like

Maybe we could give Lloyd a VFL spot…

How long before the rookie draft?

Gold coast win the draft for sure, but they also lost Lynch and May.

An hour

At 2:48 in this highlight video is a small glimpse of the future:

Mozzie kicks to Gown, Gown kicks a goal from outside 50.

4 Likes

AFL website say 6pm?

2 Likes