AFL Finals Rnd2 - EFC Free Zone

This would finish me

youā€™d know heā€™d dive into the cheer squad and Garland Greene Joffas face off.

Definitely different style. It began last year but theyā€™ve gotten better than it.
Adam Kennedy, de Boer, Brent Daniels and Daniel Lloyd all have a clearly defined defensive first roles within the team.
And thatā€™s before you realise they also have Aidan Corr and Taylor both playing lockdown defensive games in their back half while Davis and Haynes go hunting for marking contests.
They have a much better balance than they did when they last made a prelim final.

How on earth are you going to dance inside a cannon?

Essendon is so bad, that we have to resort to going to Collingwood games and barrack for the oppositionā€¦

3 Likes

1 Like

Wut? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Lions have a good history killing Flogingwood finals dreams Dave. How could you have wanted them to lose?

So pizzed at the result, Giants won by a chuck.

How many throws cost Brisbane goals in finals, hahaha. Last week was Dusty, this week another one and the winning goal to top it off.

Really donā€™t get the Brizzy hate.

2 Likes

That was years ago. Brisbane are woeful at the MCG now and their young side would have been intimidated and embarrassed next week. Giants are our best hope of knocking out Collingwood

4 Likes

Flogs will mince the giants.

1- Cheats that cost us to back to back
2- My dislike of all Queensland sides
3- Luke Hodge
4- Their front running, clueless fans who we havenā€™t seen for 10 years
5- Wankers in the media that have been sucking them and Hodge off all year

Numerous other reasons Iā€™m sure

2 Likes

Giants are a chance, a decent chance.
Donā€™t think Bris would have challenged.
Too inexperienced, and forwardline not good enough to put scoreboard pressure on Coll.

GWS winning was the better result for sure.

I donā€™t know about that, Giants playing some tough football and appear to be finally playing as a team rather than individuals.

2 Likes

Hope you blokes are right, and I suppose I agree really. And it would be good to get a GWS one out of the way before we have a shot.

Esp. 1 & 4. Point 4 hightened by the fact I live in Brisbane. Great result last night

1 Like

Sam calls for umpires to be replaced

Tyson Otto

Former Footy Show host Sam Newman has called for the umpires in the Brisbane-GWS game to be be suspended after they declared Lions star Charlie Cameron a protected species.

The hostile attention given to Cameronā€™s injured elbow sparked a series of ugly clashes all over the ground as a number of stars were hit off the ball.

Giants star Adam Kennedy was earlier warned that he would be giving away a free kick if he continued to jab at Cameronā€™s injured joint with his niggling tactics.

Newman said the umpireā€™s decision to inject himself into the game overshadowed the game.

"Cameron (BL) being harassed by Kennedy (GWS) then being told by umpire to play ā€˜in spirit of the gameā€™. WHY is umpire not replaced ā€“ immediately by reserve umpire? Match review panel should suspend him for sanctimonious exhibitionism," Newman wrote on Twitter.

Richmond legend Matthew Richardson also agreed with Newman.

ā€œHeā€™s allowed to have a little bit of touch on him,ā€ Richardson told Channel 7.

ā€œThe umpire doesnā€™t need to be involved in that. Just get involved if itā€™s a clear free kick ā€” otherwise just stay out of it.ā€

:smile: :smile:

Consistent approach after allowing Dustyā€™s last week.

1 Like

Razor and Margetts to sink the unwashed of Geelong and GWS

That was a cracking game.

2 Likes