AFL Hall Of Fame 2014 inductees

Finally nominee last night was Matthew Richardson. Deserved.

LOL.
Achievements:
B&F: 1 (over 15 years at a shite club)
Finals: 0
I mean he was talented, but ■■■■ me. Achieved nothing, zip, nada.

LOL.
Achievements:
I mean he was talented, but fark me. Achieved nothing, zip, nada.

1 B&F shocked me.  Who the hell was winning those if not him during that time?  Joel Bowden?

Looking up Richo's stats on AFL Tables and comparing them to Roo's is really interesting.

Richo had significantly more goals and shots on goal, more contested marks and more marks inside 50 but Roo had significantly more disposals, which surprised me a bit.  Richo also had one more clanger a game, despite the fewer disposals.  Roo also had more goal assists, inside 50's, rebound 50's and 1%ers.  

The two biggest differences are that Richo was -98 in frees for vs against, while Roo is +224 and Roo averaged three times as many tackles.

All in all, it looks like Richo was better at the stuff that's easily noticeable (big marks!  goals!), but Roo did far more of the little things and Richo did far more to hurt his team than Roo did in terms of clangers, free kicks etc.  Interestingly, despite the free kicks indicating Richo was unpopular with the umps, he polled really well in the Brownlow, clearly better than Riewoldt.

I would have clearly taken Roo over Richo anyway, but maybe he should be below Tredrea as well.

Scott West > Brad Johnson.
That's not a slur on Johnno, that guy was a farkin great player over a long time. I just always really rated Scott West.
I wouldn't think either were Hall of Fame worthy though, but in comparison to farken Treadrea...

West was their best & most reliable player by a fair gap (over Grant, daylight 3rd) over their good period in the late 90s, til he dropped off mid 00s. Won heaps of B&Fs, had a good dip in all their finals, whereas I reckon Johnson (along with Darcy) had a few down ones that really count against him.
In comparison to that Tredrea gets in pretty easily IMHO, 250 games /550 goals, captain, key (and I mean no him = Stewie Dew at FF = no team) player in their flag, multiple AA, B&F in their flag year amongst others. Great, really great kick.
Others may disagree, but I have him ahead of Jon Brown and Pav.
Certainly on a similar level.

LOL.
Achievements:
1 B&F shocked me. Who the hell was winning those if not him during that time? Joel Bowden?
Looking up Richo's stats on AFL Tables and comparing them to Roo's is really interesting.
Richo had significantly more goals and shots on goal, more contested marks and more marks inside 50 but Roo had significantly more disposals, which surprised me a bit. Richo also had one more clanger a game, despite the fewer disposals. Roo also had more goal assists, inside 50's, rebound 50's and 1%ers.
The two biggest differences are that Richo was -98 in frees for vs against, while Roo is +224 and Roo averaged three times as many tackles.
All in all, it looks like Richo was better at the stuff that's easily noticeable (big marks! goals!), but Roo did far more of the little things and Richo did far more to hurt his team than Roo did in terms of clangers, free kicks etc. Interestingly, despite the free kicks indicating Richo was unpopular with the umps, he polled really well in the Brownlow, clearly better than Riewoldt.
I would have clearly taken Roo over Richo anyway, but maybe he should be below Tredrea as well.
A cavalcade of trucks, this is the thing.
Wayne Campbell, Bowden, Knighter, I think kellaway and Daffy snuck in for one apiece, maybe Gale, coughlan, etc etc. Yeah, all time great.
Self defeating when he was off - and that was a lot.
Wonder what the shots on goal total would be if they recorded out on the full, that'd make up a fair proportion of the frees against.
Would never be accused of being a good team mate, polar opposite to Roo in a lot of ways.
Should've been pushed up the wing a lot earlier.

For me it goes Lloyd, Tredrea/Pav/Brown/Roo under a blanket, gap, another gap, Lucas/Neitz/Richo/others.

For me it goes Lloyd, Tredrea/Pav/Brown/Roo under a blanket, gap, another gap, Lucas/Neitz/Richo/others.

Hmm, yeah. Personally I'd drop Tredrea down to the first gap, I'd Fark Neitz off from the conversation and I'd find room for Fev.
For all his sh*t, Fev kicked over 600 goals, and was probably the last pure Full Forward to play the game.

LOL.
Achievements:

0 finals? Not sure about 95 but he definitely played in 01 didn't he? Remember the lead up everyone was crapping on about stopping Ottens and Richo. 

LOL.
Achievements:

0 finals? Not sure about 95 but he definitely played in 01 didn't he? Remember the lead up everyone was crapping on about stopping Ottens and Richo.

Yep, and he got owned by Dean Solomon.

Lloyd's a hard one to rank for me.  The thing that concerns me a bit about him is the way he dropped off when the team around him dropped off.  

Look at Riewoldt and Pav for comparison.  They've been in very good / great teams and in terrible teams in pretty much equal measure and it's never affected their own performance.  I'll get lynched on these boards, but I'd take both of them over Lloyd.  Hell I've heard other Essendon argue for Lucas over Lloyd and you seem to think there's a mile difference. 

Lloyd won zero b&f's by the way.

Lloyd's a hard one to rank for me.  The thing that concerns me a bit about him is the way he dropped off when the team around him dropped off.  

Look at Riewoldt and Pav for comparison.  They've been in very good / great teams and in terrible teams in pretty much equal measure and it's never affected their own performance.  I'll get lynched on these boards, but I'd take both of them over Lloyd.  Hell I've heard other Essendon argue for Lucas over Lloyd and you seem to think there's a mile difference. 

Over 900 goals counts for a tonne.  In his prime, Lloyd was way better than all those others listed. 

Robert Wiley:

Perth 74-88 (179 games)

Richmond 79-83 (95 games)

West Coast (87) (18 games)

Perth B & F 74-78, 84-86 (8)

Perth Premiership 76,77

Richmond Premiership 80

Representative Games 16 (WA 14 Vic 2)

Testing 1... 2... Is this thing on?

Robert Wiley:

Perth 74-88 (179 games)

Richmond 79-83 (95 games)

West Coast (87) (18 games)

Perth B & F 74-78, 84-86 (8)

Perth Premiership 76,77

Richmond Premiership 80

Representative Games 16 (WA 14 Vic 2)

Testing 1... 2... Is this thing on?

I'll get behind the push for Ron Alexander, if you like.

Just B Peake and R Wiley for now.

Lloyd was at his best in 03-04, (broken arm in 2005) and possibly (pre TWAAANG) 06.

IIRC he'd kicked about 12 goals in his two-and-a-quarter matches before it went in 06, and kicked 8 & BOG against the reigning premiers -and that year was the very worst Essendon got during his career.

The TWAAANG really hurt him, it wasn't what I'd characterise as a tailing off. He was noticably slower after that and that was his main weapon.

Still I find it hard to mark him down too harshly for "only" being a 60-goal-a-game player in his last couple of years when Roo (X3) /Brown (X 3) /Pav (X 4) only beat that sort of mark a couple of times each.

Hmm, yeah. Personally I'd drop Tredrea down to the first gap, I'd Fark Neitz off from the conversation and I'd find room for Fev.
For all his sh*t, Fev kicked over 600 goals, and was probably the last pure Full Forward to play the game.
If we're talking about the likes of Neitz and Treadrea, where's Carey in this conversation? He's the best player I've seen.
Looking at CHFs who played in the 90s and 00s, I'd rank them:
Carey > Brown > Riewoldt > Pavlich > Treadrea > Grant > Lucas > Schwarz