Afl , matchfixing , acc , timelines

So Malthouse steal Buffiant now. Soon Carlton will be Collingwood. Eddie must be going ape ■■■■. Massive agenda there from Mick.

I think it's funny that it's apparently a 'professional soccer' league we have here.

brace yourselves for tonight with the sandor earl interview

our favourite newspaper with the needle logo is pushing the " time he met bombers coaching staff  including hird " line

and dean robinsons brother who is at roosters where players players blood tests ended up on a crime figures mobile phone

Rugby League's minor premiers the Sydney Roosters have admitted they sacked a sports nutrition company after players' blood tests returned elevated readings for the banned substance Human Growth Hormone.

Details of the blood tests results for six players showing elevated levels of hGH were found on the phone of an organised crime figure that was seized by law enforcement officers.

am-n4-drugcloud-20130925221952366973-300

Tested: Sam Moa. Photo: Getty Images

The information has since been referred to the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority.

Advertisement

After he was contacted by Fairfax Media following its discovery of the revelations, Brian Canavan, the Rooster's chief operating officer said that the firm Nubodi, run by Sean Carolan, was hired by the club in December last year to provide blood profiles of players in preparation for detox diets.

''We were very unhappy that the extended testing was conducted. It was done without our knowledge. The players underwent the test without knowledge or consent.''

Tested: Boyd Cordner. Photo: Getty Images

When unauthorised blood tests of hGH were provided by Mr Carolan, the club terminated his services.

Mr Canavan said three of the players with elevated levels - Boyd Cordner, Sam Moa and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - were later re-tested by the club's medical staff and those blood tests did not return elevated levels of hGH.

Rooster's chairman Nick Politis said it was common for ''Islanders to spike up with hGH'' and that both the club's testing and ASADA's testing throughout the year had not uncovered any questionable readings.

am-n3-drugcloud-20130925221836157817-300

Tested: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. Photo: Getty Images

But it was not until mid-year that the Roosters informed the integrity unit of the NRL about the involvement of Nubodi and the elevated hGH blood test results.

Roosters' prop Martin Kennedy is understood to have provided Mr Carolan with an introduction to the club.

''Nubodi is basically a guy who is a personal trainer in the city,'' said Kennedy. ''He trains David Williams at the moment. He's a really good guy, he's got all these different training philosophies and he came in and did a detox thing with the Roosters and that's it.''

am-n-drugcloud-20130925221450778275-300x

Brian Canavan. Photo: Getty Images

Carolan said he took blood readings of the Roosters to determine how best to improve their diet. While their growth hormone levels varied, he denied this was a result of administering HGH. ''Absolutely not. You've got to be kidding,'' he told Fairfax Media. ''On blood results you could have some guys with really, really low natural growth hormone levels and some guys with naturally high growth hormone levels. Those ranges on a blood test are exactly that, they are a range. It all varies.

''A few of the boys had high growth hormones levels on their results but to actually say it was from taking an actual growth hormone or not, I wouldn't know anything about that personally.''

Fairfax understands that ASADA is interested in Ben Darcy, a former employee of Mr Carolan's, who is currently in Thailand.

Carolan said he had fired Darcy last year. He said Darcy had been an employee for about six months and he was unaware if players had been in contact with him after he left Nubodi.

''I've got no idea what Ben was doing or what he was involved in, I don't know. I had nothing to do with that personally,'' he said. Asked why they parted company, he said: ''He wasn't performing.''

Asked if he was concerned Darcy had provided players with performance-enhancing substances, Carolan said: ''I'm not aware of his movements after we parted company.''

According to its website, the Nubodi Group runs an anti-ageing, fitness and weight loss clinic. Complaints have been previously made by members of the public about Nubodi, including to the Therapeutic Goods Administration.

Complaints about the company have included that the it offered growth hormones to its customers trying to lose weight.

Mr Carolan, 39, also has a another company called Advanced Peptide Solutions.

Nubodi's office in George Street, Sydney, was empty yesterday and neighbours said that Mr Carolan had moved out three weeks ago.

Another good friend of Mr Carolan's is former Canberra winger Sandor Earl.

''The bloke from Nubodi … he's a mate of Sandor's, I'm a mate of Sandor's, Sandor's in trouble,'' Kennedy said yesterday.

Earl, 23, has been telling ASADA all he knows about drug use in the NRL after he was charged with using and trafficking banned peptides.

Earl is facing a possible life ban for trafficking.

Earl has made several trips to Thailand to visit Mr Darcy, who used to play grade football for the Roosters.

Possession and use of hGH is illegal. It can be prescribed to patients with growth defects.

Asked if he was concerned Darcy had provided players with performance-enhancing substances, Carolan said: ''I'm not aware of his movements after we parted company.''

Human Growth Hormone is a banned substance by ASADA as it is used to strengthen connective tissue which reduces the probability of injury. It also aids in muscle growth and the reduction of fat. Athletes caught with an irregular level of hGH face a two-year ban for a first offence.

ASADA would not confirm whether there were any ongoing investigations in the Rooster's matter. ''When and what we can say about any operational matter is strictly governed by our legislation.''

The Australian Crime Commission, though Project Aperio, identified links between organised crime, professional sport and the use and supply of performance- and image- enhancing drugs (including Human Growth Hormone).

Paul Jevtovic, the executive director of the Australian Crime Commission also declined to comment.

''The ACC has never confirmed publicly which individuals, clubs or entities were implicated in Project Aperio, as confirmation of these details may be a breach of the ACC Act.''

Police sources have expressed concern about the blood test results being found on a crime figure's phone as it raised the prospect of blackmail or possible attempts to use information to pressure footballers to fix matches.

There is no suggestion that any of the Roosters players were involved in any of these activities.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/drug-cloud-over-nrls-roosters-20130925-2ueuq.html#ixzz2fxmpFxDp

Out of interest....what is happening to Melbourne? Are they being investigated or are they going to be let off the hook. Everyone seems to have forgotten certain players and officials being directly linked to Dank and other associates of his (in particular alleged use of AOD and other peptides at Melbourne in pre-season this year) . Not to mention Nathan Bock of the Gold Coast - what is happening there???

Yes well, there seems to be a highly convenient non-reporting (read "make up stuff") of these issues doesn't there?

The focus now of the media seems to be on the NRL and I'm sure our favourite journos will be desparate to keep trying to find links between the NRL clubs in question and Essendon. Apparently James Hird once watched a Cronulla game on late-night replay on GEM one time. And Bomber Thompson's brothers cousins uncles nephews sisters former roommate was once seen having a coffee with a Roosters fan. There you go.

i hear crickets when they are discussing melbourne

did anyone watch the sandor earl thing today ?

dank is launching legal action vs him lol

from the afl site , they use this headline .... and there is barely a link to it in the story ?

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-26/explosive-dank-claims-aired'>Explosive Dank claims aired</a>

Ex-NRL player says Dank may have used banned substances in AFL   (suggestive headline )

DISGRACED former rugby league player Sandor Earl has made explosive allegations against Stephen Dank, claiming the sports scientist told him he administered banned peptides at other football clubs that had employed him.

Dank has persistently denied he has ever supplied banned substances to players. 

Earl has confessed to using and trafficking banned peptide CJC-1295 and is facing a four-year ban, which he is hoping to reduce by assisting ASADA with their ongoing investigations.

The 24-year-old first met Dank in 2011 when he was with NRL club Penrith and was seeking treatment to recover from a double shoulder reconstruction.

Dank would ultimately leave the Panthers for Essendon, where he was behind the supplements program that led to the club being fined $2 million and coach James Hird's 12-month ban.

"I was introduced to him (Dank) by a strength and conditioning coach, not in any great capacity, just that it might be worth having a chat to him going forward and helping out my shoulders," Earl told Channel Nine's NRL Footy Show on Thursday night.

"He did tell me his credentials, which included working at (NRL clubs) Manly, the Sharks, and the Gold Coast Suns.

"Someone like that, who I believed was an employee of the club, is in my opinion a reputable sports scientist and someone who has worked with other clubs.

"To me, whatever he had to say in a time of need, I was listening and I was interested."

Earl alleges Dank supplied him with CJC-1295, which triggers the release of growth hormones, which was then administered by a Dr Ijaz Khan at a clinic in Cabramatta in Sydney's southwest.

Asked by the interviewer if Dank had a history of using CJC-1295, Earl said yes.

"He said to you specifically that he'd used CJC-1295 at other clubs he'd worked at?"

To which Earl replied "Yeah".

Earl alleges Dank would at times supply him with a box of the drug from a clinic in Mascot, which he then drove to Cabramatta.

Dr Khan, and never Dank himself, administered the injections, according to Earl. There is no suggestion that Dr Khan was doing anything wrong by administering the substances, which although banned from sport, are not illegal. 

"Was I a victim of someone who abused his power and trust? Yes I was," Earl said.

"Him going to Essendon sort of fizzled out any contact we were having in Sydney or any process to get peptides."

While the former Sydney Roosters, Penrith and Canberra representative admits to being naïve, he felt confident at the time nothing he was taking was illegal.

"I raised (the legality) quite early," he said. "This wasn't a question of these things won't show up in tests, this was a conversation about banned substances.

"I would never use banned substances.

"He's been employed by other NRL clubs doing the same things and I had to assume that, why would this person be employed to hand out illegal substances?

"It just made no sense.

"If he was taking me his mate in the back shed of his house, I'd be starting to ask questions.

"But he was taking me to a legitimate doctor whose job is to work on injury rehab and management."

Earl's mother Jan Earl was also part of the program and expressed her devastation at the events surrounding her son.

"At the end of the day, who's advising these kids?" Earl's mother said. 

Earl, who had a brief and unsuccessful trial with the Bombers as he contemplated switching codes, intends to return to the rugby league arena.

"However long my punishment is, I'll accept that," he said. "But make no mistake, I have plans to come back."

Asked by the interviewer if Dank had a history of using CJC-1295, Earl said yes.

"He said to you specifically that he'd used CJC-1295 at other clubs he'd worked at?"

To which Earl replied "Yeah".

It's a good thing Nathan Bock, a player previously under Dank's care at the AFL's darling club, was not accused of using CJC-1295 earlier this year. 'Cause otherwise they might have had to at least mention it in this article.
FFS!