AFL may soften rules. Top-ups freely available?

What about Jamar? Is he any chance to replace Mckernan if only for 1 year while also coaching? Would only play 1s when/if both Lewy and Bellchambers fall over.

If we could rookie him as a DFA would be ideal. Gach is nowhere near ready yet.

What about Jamar? Is he any chance to replace Mckernan if only for 1 year while also coaching? Would only play 1s when/if both Lewy and Bellchambers fall over.

If we could rookie him as a DFA would be ideal. Gach is nowhere near ready yet.

Do you want 2 rucks on the rookie list? One back up has to be on the main list

Would still rather Smack as a rookie as he still would have a 1% chance of becoming something, Jamar would just be a Fraser Thurlow situation - a ready made stop gap. Go another Gach type over both options.

Would still rather Smack as a rookie as he still would have a 1% chance of becoming something, Jamar would just be a Fraser Thurlow situation - a ready made stop gap. Go another Gach type over both options.

Fair enough, I just see Jamar as a better ruck and a forward that suits our structure better than McKernan

Jamar was purely a backup this year in case Leunberger broke down, might still be a few mature age rucks in the draft worthy of a rookie spot. I would say that McKernan is playing for his career this weekend

Fair enough, I just see Jamar as a better ruck and a forward that suits our structure better than McKernan
Jamar is cooked and as a forward may be the worst set shot I have ever seen. Smack was pretty good yesterday, makes some terrible decisions but goes hard at the footy.
the League has looked over its free agency rules and found that because the 10 players will need to be delisted to leave Essendon's list, they should qualify as delisted free agents.

It’s serious amateur hour over there.
“Did anyone look at the rules before we decided this?”
“No, why?”
“It’s just that I’m having a look at the moment, and it looks like we have existing rules perfectly suited to this situation”
“■■■■, really?”
“Yup.”
“I guess we’ll do that then?”

Forgot the "would roger goodell and the NFL do that? Yeah really? then we’re doing it!