How did we not thump St.Kilda? :frowning:

They look hopeless.

How did we not thump St.Kilda? :(
They look hopeless.

They are hopeless.

Disgraceful from us.

They look hopeless

Hawthorn do not drop games to bad sides, instead they bury them as every good side should. They also bat deeper. Something we clearly don't have and are a fair way away from.. I fear beyond watson and goddards peak too..I dearly hope I am wrong.

yeah if we don't get a flag in the next year or two we are in some trouble. Simply to not see the elite midfield talent come up from the young players to replace Watto and BJ. Although I suppose we could try and buy some free agents that fit that mould.

They look hopeless

Hawthorn do not drop games to bad sides, instead they bury them as every good side should. They also bat deeper. Something we clearly don't have and are a fair way away from.. I fear beyond watson and goddards peak too..I dearly hope I am wrong.
Absolutely. I feel so jealous seeing Hawks, Cats and Collingwood continue to dominate for a good 5-6 years now and belt those bottom 6 teams.
Hawthorn's kicking into F50 is exquisite and ball skills is fantastic under wet conditions.

Think about this for a second. Dale Thomas gets paid the same amount as Brendon Goddard.

Think about this for a second. Dale Thomas was someone who benefited from the likes of Pendlebury, Swan and Beams feeding him the ball on the outside and doing all the hard stuff. Brendan Goddard is a a finals warrior who wills teams over the line through class play and on-field leadership.
Dale Thomas is worth every cent in my opinion. The harder crippled Carlton are the better.

Do you guys still actually believe Dale Thomas gives a fark??
He has had a pretty good career at collingwood including winning premierships and achieving the things most players set out for.
Now it's payday for him he can relax and lifes good.

Just like Juddy

Think about this for a second. Dale Thomas gets paid the same amount as Brendon Goddard.

Think about this for a second. Dale Thomas was someone who benefited from the likes of Pendlebury, Swan and Beams feeding him the ball on the outside and doing all the hard stuff. Brendan Goddard is a a finals warrior who wills teams over the line through class play and on-field leadership.
Dale Thomas is worth every cent in my opinion. The harder crippled Carlton are the better.

He has had a pretty good career at collingwood including winning premierships and achieving the things most players set out for.

Just like Juddy

Thomas at his best was a very, very good player. 

Not 700k per year good, but neither is BJ. 

They look hopeless.

They are hopeless. 

But we are overrated. 

Just like Juddy
Thomas at his best was a very, very good player.
Not 700k per year good, but neither is BJ.
Yeah I disagree.
I think BJ is worth every cent of what we pay him. Easily our second if not THE best player we have at the moment along with Jobe. (Jobe would be number 1 but has been in a bit of a form slump to start the season).

the commentators are deep throating Hawthorn.

Monfries is having a party v the giants. Still love him.

Yeah I disagree.
I think BJ is worth every cent of what we pay him. Easily our second if not THE best player we have at the moment along with Jobe. (Jobe would be number 1 but has been in a bit of a form slump to start the season).

I agree he is 'worth it' in the sense that that is what we needed to pay to get him. 

But when I think '700k per year' I'm thinking Jobe, Pendlebury, Selwood etc. Absolute best of the best.

I'm not convinced BJ is in that category.

Having said that, I'd also agree he is probably in our top 3-4 players, but again after Jobe and Heppell in the middle there's a fair drop in quality to the next tier so it's not suprising that he's right up there.  

Training run for the Hawks

Mitchell subbed out with a hammy and Lake off with a serious foot injury by the looks

Yeah I disagree.

I agree he is 'worth it' in the sense that that is what we needed to pay to get him. 

But when I think '700k per year' I'm thinking Jobe, Pendlebury, Selwood etc. Absolute best of the best.

I'm not convinced BJ is in that category.

Having said that, I'd also agree he is probably in our top 3-4 players, but again after Jobe and Heppell in the middle there's a fair drop in quality to the next tier so it's not suprising that he's right up there.

I don't think you paid enough attention to the first 3 rounds.
Goddard is our most important player.
Not better than Jobe, but more valuable to our side.
No one on our list can fulfill all the roles that he does, as well as he does, or anywhere near it for that matter.

Still can't believe we lost to the Saints. It staggers me.

Still can't believe we lost to the Saints. It staggers me.

It's "Just pack up for the rest of 2014" material.
Seriously depressing that our diabolical performance in that game wasn't scrutinised more closely.
"Oh... it was just a one off!" , "Oh but but... we had a short break!" , "Oh... there was a rumour that some of our players were ill!"
Farking rubbish!

They look hopeless.

They are hopeless. 

But we are overrated. 

Mmmmm.... makes us look pretty pathetic! Despite the excuses made by the club about the hard draw. 

haw with injuries still keep up the pressure. Our depth is a real worry.

Hawthorn are a machine

fark hawthorn