is not terrible

b: Koldashnij Jones Fox
hb: Cowan Pearce Howe
c: Jones Greenwood Hall
hf: Webster Reiwoldt Mansell
f: Menzie Mihocek Brown
r: Nankervis Weller Thomas
int: Phillips Banks Gardner Campbell

I could be off the mark but I’m starting to get the distinct impression that you are quite enamoured with the SA team YoungStevo.

1 Like

nah, im a huge fan of redman and draper, really rate ballard obviously, im from WA, ive got nothing to do with SA

If I was running a “rep carnival” id go

Vic
SA
WA
Indigenous Allstars
Allies

nah do
div 1
Vic Country
vic Metro
SA
WA

div 2
NSW
QLD
TAS
NT

1 Like

Came in to say I really miss rep footy, and feel like we really miss out by not seeing the best of the best.
As fans, and as a league.

Stayed to say SA would get absolutely slaughtered.

I’d still like to see East vs West, drawn at the Vic/SA-Qld/NT border.
And I think East would probably win that pretty comfortably, but by gosh it would be awesome to watch.

The vics would beat South Australia by 20 goals
Look at how dominant the Victorian midfield and forward line is

Wouldn’t want to kick it high and long inside 50 against the allies.

Intercept clunk city.

1 Like

Yeah, darcy fogarty and sam draper are pretty imposing key forwards

Cant forget john noble on the bench too. Elite on every line

1 Like

im sure jordan dawson and connor rozzee are terrified of million dollar man tim kelly

basically run it like the U18 champs

1 Like

I didn’t claim WA we’re any good

We’ll never see a State of origin again in anything other that a no-stakes exhibition game.

They should do away with the AA 40man squad concept and introduce State team selections at the end of the year and then from the state teams draw the final AA team on Brownlow night.

Its a nod to the past and more players get recognition, I don’t think being selected in the 40 man squad and then missing out on the AA is much of a prize.

It’s not coming back and I can live with that. Playing for the club is far more important and I can’t see the AFL having an adequate compensation system to make it worthwile

I think state of origin could make a return one day for australian rules.

Its a different vibe to the NRL because theres valid side’s right around the country. It doesnt have to be “big”.
It could be a preseason comp along with practice games for those not picked.

The NRL concept is only strong because there are only two teams and two states going at it imho. Thats the secret sauce.
Also why they will never have a truly national comp.

1 Like

Just make it during Bye week

Players get 50% of gate takings.

For it to happen, and I don’t think it will, there would need to be shedloads of money involved for the players.
And I just don’t see where that comes from.

And if any player cops a LTI playing this then the AFL must pay that players contract for the whole year plus give extra draft picks.

I mean…I think that’s a little silly.
We did have AFLX. That’s a thing players did.

I calculated this out previously when discussing it with a mate. The money from tv and gate takings means they could pay the players about 30k each. For playing one game, that’s decent.

Also, you still have a split round (bye) the week prior for half the teams and a week after for the other half of the teams. This means state players get 1 week bye, but an extra 30k in their pocket and get to represent their state, all the other players in the comp not selected get a 2 week bye.

1 Like