AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

Have they even announced the (detailed, final) Rules yet?

You can’t fight city hall

Il be watching. Don’t care about it at all and think it’s stupid, but il watch. Purely because it’s our players

1 Like

Yep

It’s all the old rules with an ‘x’ or the word ‘extreme’ inserted in every rule

It’s not a ruck contest, it’s an extreeeeme ruck contest

1 Like

I do understand this position. Really I do. A part of me wants to watch for that reason! But I won’t be. And the only reading I’ll do about it will be here.

2 Likes

If you like it, watch it - it’s that simple.
Clubs can decide who and what to risk.
It’s not like it’s some kind of social cause everyone needs to get behind and boycott it ffs.
If you aren’t interested, farkorf and go do something else.

1 Like

Of course, if you’re interested then you should watch! But is anyone really?

Alright, I’ve made my point, time to farkorf and go do something else!

Could probably draw comparisons with Rugby 7’s, which is now an Olympic sport. I’m not sure of the history of it, or it’s following, but it seems a decent game.

AFLX will take some time, if it ever takes off. If it succeeds, I back it to replace the International Rules. Have a World Cup carnival set up at the end of every second season.

Rectangle ground, yuk.

I’m looking forward to it and I’ll watch with interest. This reminds me of the sook fest when T20 was introduced.

This format is a great opportunity to grow the game in overseas markets and for people to play the game who are unable to commit to regular footy.

2 Likes

Why does SMJ hate AFLX so much?

I’ll watch it.

If it’s sh*t, I’ll turn it off.

6 Likes

Because it’s just further insult to our game.

Just when you think the AFL couldn’t f@@@&ck our game anymore, they then go to another level.

3 Likes

But it hasn’t even happened yet?

I just don;t understand why its needed. We have an awesome sport that has administrators trying to constantly tinker with it to get that extra few $s out it. They keep doing things like this and they will start to alienate people IMO. Just keep it simple.

5 Likes

It doesn’t need to happen.

The fact it’s going to happen in the first place is just another example of the AFL’s pig headedness.

4 Likes

It is so hard to imagine how a thing like this can work, … it’s had me wondering if this might just turn out to be the greatest Troll of all time. :smirk:

P.S. This was a legit question.

I think it’s strange that goals kicked from 40+ meters are worth 10 points. You’d think most players can kick that, and on the narrower ground the angles won’t be so extreme. Doesn’t really feel risky top level players should nail those shots.

I was listening to either SEN or 774 (long drive in Regional Vic) and they were discussing the lack of the rules being made public. The general discussion was that it is a deliberate strategy by the AFAIL to encourage mystery and therefore ‘encourage’ people to go to game or watch (to find out what it is about). Or, that the AFAIL still hadn’t figured it all out yet.

3 Likes

Like I said, … I just can’t see this working on a 100 x 50 metre playing area.

Unless they bring back the 15 metre penalty, … in that, you get penalised for kicking further than that! :smirk: