AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

Surely Myers is a lock?
Wish Fletch could play.

Are the kickouts still from a ten metre goal squ…actually nine metres, now that I’ve looked it up…or from the goal line?

After this game of playing Hartley at fullback, from where he kicks ten goals, they’ll realise the value of playing him at full forward.

3 Likes

Wonder if it will be a take on Netball rules with zones, … and bibs??

Eventually. Once the game has a cult following with Etihad being a sellout for each match the wankers at head office will decide it’s not quite right and change the rules.

4 Likes

Hate the idea. Until we win. Then I’ll love the idea.

1 Like

I wouldnt put any of our regular best 22 players into this wankfest.

8 Likes

You can almost guarantee a few will. Zerrett, Conor, saad etc

The game is made for speed machines. Check out some of the footage on the Bombers webpage. Massive sidestepping and explosive breaks from the back half. Definitely not a game for players not in peak condition. Will we have that in February? Hate to see some hammies ripping up. You would be crazy to risk Fantasia etc in an exhibition game like this.

I hate the idea of a mid season draft. HATE it. (strong I know).

It just totally debases the whole point of a home and away season. you knownbattle of attrition, player management etc, peaking at the right time etc.

One trade month(can we have it back to a week??) is enough.

DO NOT WANT.

2 Likes

In case like me, outside of it being played on a Soccer field you had no idea of the rules , …

Here are some key facts about the different rules associated with AFLX:

• Played on a rectangular field (approx. 70m width x 110m length) with four posts at each end (as per a normal AFL field). Ground markings will showcase X as the centre square and 40m arcs.

• Two field umpires, two boundary umpires and one goal umpire at each end of the ground.

• Ten players per team, seven on field at all times and three on the interchange bench. No restrictions on player rotations.

• 10-minute quarters or halves depending on the tournament format.

• Free kick against for last touch out of bounds.

• Kick-ins from behind the goal line after all scores.

• No marks paid for backwards kicks (except in forward 40m area).

• Quarters commence with a ‘ball up’ in the centre and at least two players from each team starting inside the 40m arc.

• Free shot from forward 40m arc – directly in front for deliberate rushed behinds.

• 10-point super goals when goals kicked on the full from outside the 40m arc.

For those saying you wouldn’t risk good players, with the AFL reducing the preseason comp, clubs will use it for player fitness.

Like it or hate it, AFLX is no more or less meaningless than the JLT. They will use players accordingly, with anyone missing most likely resting due to their individual program regardless. And clubs will roll out some big guns, just to keep the overlords happy.

I won’t be watching and thankfully I think it is on Foxtel, so I won’t even be tempted.

I actually would watch, just out of interest, … who knows, … if just might work??

But discovering that you can stream it, … but have to buy a DIGITAL M/ship, … I’m assuming ON TOP of your regular one to watch the EFC games, … is a bit of a kick in the pants.

I would have thought it could have just been part of the benefits of being a member.

Club seemed to think it was a good training exercise too.

1 Like

Most likely will be beneficial.

Clubs get high intensity running into players where they have to execute skills under pressure and likely far less tackling/physicality than normal game.

I just pray we don’t have anyone ping a hammy

Players ping hammys at training too.

1 Like

You can so tell that the last touch OOB and deliberate rushed rules are tests for the real deal. Only a matter of time before they fkn introduce it… complexifying a really simple thing. Obviously forgot the overwhelmingly negative feedback when it was trialled 4/5/6 years ago

4 Likes

I actually hope that one is implemented.

I want the mid season trade period.

More trade radio in my life #thelistmanager

2 Likes

While you’re probably right, I think you’d have to have the ‘last touch’ rule on account of the ground size. The ball is likely to go out a lot.

Yep. It’s not like their flat out speed is going to be faster in this game.