AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

Hope you enjoy it and the kids are 12 or under so they are free.

I agree.

They don’t.

1 Like

Great call by you!

1 Like

You didn’t notice the bit where in 2 years time someone can look back and note our 6 premierships in a row?

2 Likes

You’re clearly forgetting our 2 AFLX GF wins, and 2 VFL flags … whistle

haha… Oops! So we can’t win 6 flags within the next 2 years?

1 Like

Gloomer.

1 Like

They are all teens and I’m only paying for one. Their friends can pay for themselves.

That’s why I’m going. So I don’t have to listen to them.

I can already see the article in Mondays paper after aflx weekend:

AFL Chief Gillon McArrogance has hailed the opening weekend a success and begun hinting at an expanded competition of the concept format in 2019. “AFLX captures all the speed and excitement that is unique to my game in a shortened format” said McFarkstick today.

When questioned about the low attendances at the events, McSlimybastard quickly pointed out the favourable comparisons of crowd sizes to the JLT fixture. “We saw far more fan engagement in these events and much bigger and varied crowds than the JLT games” said McSleaze ignoring the fact that JLT games were played on grounds with no crowd capacity.

McFirethisprickalready also pointed out how the revised format made it easier to grow the game internationally. “We want to make more money” McGreedyshit said, “and pandering to the core AFL supporter just won’t do that. We’re tapped out on them. We need this new format to crack new markets and the traditionalists will just have to learn to deal with it.”

The round did end on a sour note with Lance Franklin’s knee injury, but but McStalin quickly pointed out that injury could easily have occurred during a training session. “Besides, since when have the afl given a fark about player welfare anyway”.

24 Likes

I’d be telling our blokes to go at 50%

Dont know about that WOB, … that’s often when you’ll get hurt.

Reckon I’d be saying to treat them like regular pre season scratch matches.

25%

I’d be treating the whole thing as a training/fitness exercise.

It seems Justin Crow’s attitude is the same.

1 Like

They’ll just jog around and chip the ball a bit. I’m not a betting man but if I could get odds on this being really really really really boring I might just have a punt.

Go the bash.

Of course it will. Just as FA and easier trading and every other concession has.

The most even period of AFL history was when it was trade and draft only.

I wonder if irrelevant clubs like Norf or St Kilda see this as a golden opportunity for some *silverware?

*tinpot

1 Like

Fans can expect “fireworks, music DJs, in-game commentary, roving performers, kids and family zones and giveaways.” **

Hold me back.

9 Likes

Roving performers

“Hey look at what that clown over there is doing”

“It’s razor ray, what did you expect. Now stop distracting me from watching the juggler”

2 Likes