AFL Trade Radio

Rockliff is gonna be huge for port, super jealous.

If he was a few years younger we would have been all over him.

1 Like

Not sure is srs?

I think Stringer is ours, but don’t believe anything that comes from the Hawks at the moment, I reckon they’ll be keeping an eye on things and they are prepared to spring surprises. Who would have thought they’d trade Lewis/Mitchell last year?

They finished 5th at end of season. Missed a prelim by after the siren kick.

So yeah, I think logic would suggest so

Missed a Prelim? They lost an elim final after leading by 3 goals in extra time.
They are the ultimate downhill skiers. Beat up on weaklings but not up to it against quality. Yes they’ve added to their squad, but I’m not one bit convinced that’s made them a premiership chance. Over rated as ■■■■!

2 Likes

Helped us get the trade done for Carlisle by waiting in the wings if the Saints trade failed

I see where your coming from

However based on the season gone and the inclusions they should finish top4

Port have brought in a genuine A-Grader (Rocky) and an A-Grade talent who lacks consistency (Motlop) for nothing other than paying them $$$. You can’t argue anything other than they have done very, very well. Time will tell to see if it makes them a top 4 team, but at least they are having a crack. And I hate Port!

1 Like

What was their defensive pressure like this year?
These 2 blokes won’t help that side of their game. At all.

2 Likes

Should*

Zero faith they will actually do it though.

I think that is being very kind to Motlop there.

Maybe 2-3 years ago I would have said that, but not now.

Port’s form against the top 8 was terrible. Won’t win finals with that.

I’d say you’ve never seen rockliff play if that’s your stance.

1 Like

I like that fact that even though they could still see our potential deals in the negative on our side ie why doesn’t Ess just give that little bit more and get it done, more and more in the media are viewing us in the positive and saying why doesn’t the other club just yield and move on. Have read it about GC & WB on the pick 11 impasse as well as the current rumored trades.

Perception makes a massive difference.

2 Likes

I swear I’ve been hearing Port will be top 4 for like the past 3-4 years and they have consistently under performed.

Motlop is finished, just going up there to top up his super.

1 Like

He’ll be getting just short of $80K super…

1 Like

I reckon Motlop was fantastic in Geelong smashing Swans in Finals.

1 Like

tbh i wouldn’t have been too upset if we got Motlop the bloke is a match winner on his day.

2 Likes