AFL Trade Radio

Has had its own dedicated thread in last few years so here it is again. Might save on a double up of info/rumours/gossip in other threads. Mods keep/delete as you will.......

Address for 'AFL Trade Radio' & link to online radio broadcast is:

http://www.afl.com.au/trade-period/trade-radio

Twitter addy:  @Traderadio

Talkback number: ?????

Included is a 'trade-tracker' & associated updates for those interested.

Hosted by a variety of usual talking heads, player agents & associated hangers-on.

Interviews with players, coaches etc.

Apparently the whole shebang is sponsored by Gillette.

As you will.....

Cal Twomey's commentary has seen a refreshing lack of ego in the coverage. I turn it off as soon as Barrett comes on.

Cal Twomey's commentary has seen a refreshing lack of ego in the coverage. I turn it off as soon as Barrett comes on.

Agree.

Some surprisingly good stuff on there with interviews/updates etc but some tiresome speculation of mega-deals by a few.

Imaginative talkback callers.

Wallet & Barrett on at 2.00pm this arvo.

Host just said the name 'Brad Sewell' has been linked to Essendon!

Sure they didn't mean Greg Sewell?

Damian Barrett is on it...there goes my chance of listening. He can tongue my nuts.

Sure they didn't mean Greg Sewell?

Damian Barrett is on it...there goes my chance of listening. He can tongue my nuts.

your nuts deserve better than that

Seems Trade Radio is running short on official sponsors and they keep repeating the same ads.

They are just making stuff up to fill in time! Wallace reckons he has heard that Hawthorn is looking at Chappy. Doesn't know how serious and he's sure it's not their number 1 priority, but he reckons he has heard whispers they might be. What a load of rubbish!

Disco Dodoro Interviewed briefly.

Colyer staying at Essendon, Myers definitely staying at Essendon, 'working througha  couple of equations' re Crameri deal, they have some other targets in mind [yeah, nah, probably not]
Then Wallet says Essendon still dont have a coach, says that Bomba doesnt really want to coach, then says 'If he wants to coach, and essendon want him to coach, then why are they even going through this process?". I just, don't know how to react to that. Claims Tudor is a chance for the senior gig on the basis that he hasnt explicitly denied it. I guess Jesus is also a candidate because he hasnt explicitly denied it.

Trade radio is good for a laugh.

Disco Dodoro Interviewed briefly.

Colyer staying at Essendon, Myers definitely staying at Essendon, 'working througha  couple of equations' re Crameri deal, they have some other targets in mind [yeah, nah, probably not]
Then Wallet says Essendon still dont have a coach, says that Bomba doesnt really want to coach, then says 'If he wants to coach, and essendon want him to coach, then why are they even going through this process?". I just, don't know how to react to that. Claims Tudor is a chance for the senior gig on the basis that he hasnt explicitly denied it. I guess Jesus is also a candidate because he hasnt explicitly denied it.

Trade radio is good for a laugh.

in other news: Peter Berbakov is firming as a favourite for the permanent Chairman position as he did not deny it.

I heard the update from them last night

Apparently we, finally, have stopped shopping Myers and he might even sign a new deal with us now.

Which is all nice to know.

I'll make sure I tune in a lot more.

Apparently we, finally, have stopped shopping Myers and he might even sign a new deal with us now.

So he's signing a new deal while already being contracted?

I believe that was the gist, yes.

I will ensure I tune in at any available opportunities in the future for more information along the same lines.

I believe that was the gist, yes.

I will ensure I tune in at any available opportunities in the future for more information along the same lines.

I don't know if it is a typo on the Essendon website but the following line was in the Myers article.

However Essendon recruiting manager Adrian Dodoro said he would be with the Bombers in 2015.

Brad Sewell apparently on the table. 

Any chance of us being interested in someone more than two years from retirement? I know we don't have a lot to trade with, but the idea of adding a few blokes who won't be on the list in two years feels like a waste of what little currency we do have.

Daniel Cross as a possible sweetener in Crameri deal?

cross is already or will be delisted?

I can't see Cross or Sewell as improving us.

We neither either outside midfield speed, or a classy small forward with another eye on a backup ruck.

Why waste effort picking up players we don't need.

Any chance of us being interested in someone more than two years from retirement? I know we don't have a lot to trade with, but the idea of adding a few blokes who won't be on the list in two years feels like a waste of what little currency we do have.

I didn't say WSPHU. Just interesting news. 

(Also, 98% of BB want Chappy, who is cooked and older than Sewell.)