AFLW - practice game vs Port Power @ The Hangar, 12noon Sat 13 August 2022

Clubs will also take part in match simulation the weekend prior, with round one to kick off on Thursday August 25.

Details around ticketing and streaming of practice matches are yet to be confirmed.

EDIT: livestream link below.

2 Likes

(The VFL and AFL games are on the Sunday. Someone else needs to cover the match simulation the week before, as Iā€™ll be climbing Mt Sonder.)

What is involved in ā€˜Match Simulationā€™. Is this intra club?

yes otherwise its a practice game

Given we have at most 28 fit players, will get to see some/all of our train-ons plus, presumably, the Nanscawen replacement.

@Hoffy is refusing to tell you (at least) one of the train-ons is: she is one of our VFLW defenders.

Match simulation will be against opposition, ours is against Melbourne. Not mad that we play two teams weā€™ll play during the H&A season - good scouting opportunity. Not 100% sure on the format of it but Iā€™d assume some clubs will be doing like what the Hawks and Pies did in the menā€™s with six short quarters to rotate the whole/most of the squad through

3 Likes

Something about the oppo

1 Like

We lost to Melbourne in our match simulation 6.4.40 to 12.12.84.

Little info from the club Twitter account, but Gemma Bastiani tweeted that Paige Scott had kick 2 in a quarter.

One of the Melbourne players interviewed on their social media mentioned how they go out to a fast start, we pulled it back, then they pulled away again. She also mentioned how she was tried in various positions, so Iā€™m pretty sure our players would have been thrown around as well.

2 Likes

I go away for ONE week, and thereā€™s no coverageā€¦

You had weeks between to holiday!

1 Like

I booked this a year ago!

Sorry, but a work conference was on and I tried to get out of it. But, Iā€™m all set of next week.

1 Like

Not the advertised AFLW jumpers (or the 2022 VFLW jumpers) but can we start calling numbers?

EDIT: sees they started counting up from #1 four days ago, and no one mentioned it.

WTF, ā€œ3-2-1 Bombersā€ā€¦ I pity anyone bouncing between the AFLW and VFLW teams.

3 Likes

Oh @Catherine_Lio, if the club needs a few callers to call the gameā€¦ get your people to call meā€¦

(cause I donā€™t know who the contact is after Charlotte left!)

1 Like

Below article says start is delayed one hour, till noon?

Edited thread title given confirmation of 12noon start.

There is an AFLM captainā€™s run at 10am.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 13
10AM - 2PM

Get down to the NEC Hangar this weekend for Super Saturday to watch our inaugural AFLW teamā€™s last official practice match against Port Adelaide before the NAB AFLW season.

10AM - Catch the AFL teamā€™s open training ahead of Round 22.
12PM - Essendon AFLW vs Port Adelaide pre-season practice match.

Register your attendance for a chance to WIN a $150 voucher to The Bomber Shop.

FACILITY INFO & PARKING

There will be no on-site parking and limited street parking available.

Parking will be available at the Mantra Tullamarine, located next to the NEC Hangar on Melrose Drive.

This will be a cashless event and no cash out facilities will be available at the NEC Hangar.

WHATā€™S ON

There will be plenty happening for the kids, with face painting and a colouring corner in the lobby.

Coffee and snacks will be available from the Jack Jones Cafe and coffee cart from 10am or fuel up with tacos from the Dingo Ate My Taco food truck from 11:30am.

Fresh fruit will be available to all patrons, so grab yourself a piece of fruit from the Coles fruit stand.

Drinking water taps will be available, please bring your own reusable cups and bottles.

Please bring along your own chairs and rugs, as no seating will be available.

THE BOMBER SHOP

The shop will be open from 10am for all the latest and greatest merchandise. Donā€™t forget that members get 10% off!

We look forward to having you down at the NEC Hangar.

Go Bombers!

1 Like

The team is out somewhereā€¦