AFLW - round 2 vs Saints @ WINDY HILL, 3:05pm Sunday 10 September 2023

This will sell out even without the below promise of @Catherine_Lio.

3 Likes

Iā€™m an early 40s lifelong Essendon fan and Iā€™ve never been to Windy Hill. Is there street parking around or better to PT it?

The Saints didnā€™t score in the first half today. They started 0-37 and then went 16-21 for the last ~35 minutes.

We did similarly two weeks ago in the pre-season match ā€“ but we scores more than twice as much as the Saints. That was 1-33 in the first 27 minutes, and 35-34 in the last 53 minutes.

In the pre-season, the Saints drew the Tiggers 35-35 and got smashed by Port 22-58.

Take PT. Parking can be horrendous.

@theDJR
How does an AFLW sell out work?
Thereā€™s no reserved seats so will they just lock people out?

The Carlton game is going to be much more difficult to get in to if the Saints game is a guide.

1 Like

For normal VFL(W) games, you can find parking within a bit of a walk. You wonā€™t for this unless you arrive very early. This will be biggest EFC crowd at Windy Hill since 13 April 2013 (the day after the Freo comeback).

If youā€™re not very early, the likely best option is Grice Crescent south of Brewster Street, and use the foot bridge over the railway line.

2 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ did members getting the free general admittance ā€œupgradeā€ get kicked out of the Cookson and Reynolds stands?

I donā€™t remember these options when I ā€œupgradedā€ on Ticketmaster.

1 Like

Those options werenā€™t there when I ā€˜upgradedā€™ my ticket.

4 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

Game will also be live on WARF Radio via AFL.com.au and the AFL app :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am in full swing of moving house over the next few weeks so will do my best to come down and start a full Nanscawen hype group. I think Nor Cornish may have already started one last nightā€¦

1 Like

I also had no choice of stand when upgrading

$40 to go watch an AFLW game is scandalous.

Depends on what side of town youā€™re coming from. If youā€™re near a train station (and not on the Craigieburn line) youā€™ll need to go into town to catch a Craigieburn train and get off at either Essendon or Glenbervie station. Glenbervie is an easier walk to the ground but if you want to grab something to eat on the way get off at Essendon and walk up. Plenty of options on Napier Stā€¦

3 Likes

Fixed.

4 Likes

Surely this will be the biggest crowd at Windy Hill since we moved to the MCG?

They should bring back the bloke who use to walk around selling peanuts out of an old hessian bag!

2 Likes

Nup. As noted, it is likely the largest since 2013, which was basically full and outta nowhere.

1 Like

I was happy with the games of Brown, GClarke, and Gambleā€¦ but Marshall pantsed Maddie Boyd earlier this year.

2 Likes

MORCS at training today.

2 Likes

Essendon midfielder Maddy Prespakis has been cleared of injury following a heavy knock during the Bombersā€™ round one clash with Hawthorn.

The 22-year-old was assisted from the field but shortly returned after, with an assessment clearing any damage to her ribs.

ā€¦

Defender Alex Morcom is progressing well in her return from an ankle injury, with the 26-year-old transitioning back into training throughout the week.

Georgia Nanscawen made her long-awaited club AFLW debut on the weekend after suffering an ACL injury 12 months ago.

ā€¦

ā€œUnfortunately, Georgia copped a knee to her calf in the first quarter of the game, which she could play through but has pulled up sore following the game.

ā€œWe will monitor and manage this throughout the week and are hopeful she will be cleared to play on Sunday.ā€

Name Injury Weeks
Georgia Nanscawen Calf Test
Alex Morcom Ankle Test
Mia Van Dyke Hip 3-4
Lily-Rose Williamson Foot 6-7
1 Like

Saints missing just one player:

PLAYER INJURY ESTIMATED RETURN
Bec Ott Achilles 4-5 weeks

WHEREā€™S THE TEAM?

1 Like