AFLW - round 9 vs FCFC @ Windy Hill, 3:05pm Saturday 28 October 2023

Before…

And after…

FARK CARLTON

6 Likes

Whoever that FCFC flog is… they must be soft if Madden can out-fight them.

Also, respect for sending Prespakis rather than a captain :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Wayne Johnston.

Also yeah I’m fairly sure there’d be no other player on the list wanting to win this week than Maddy, plus she’s a vice captain anyway!

1 Like

Michael Prior has stepped down as Eagles coach effective immediately

Essendon coach killer stikes again!

1 Like

Doing little in the last quarter when banished to the bench apparently gets you dropped.

Marianna Anthony back in after four weeks out.

ESSENDON

In: B.Brown, J.Wuetschner, J.Vogt
Out: S.Cain (concussion), J.Doonan (omitted), R.Tierney (omitted)

Milestone: Sophie Alexander (50 games)

CARLTON

In: J.Good, M.Anthony
Out: K.Peterson (Injured), D.Walker (omitted)

1 Like

Sheet, i knew something was up with Cain… dammit.

They announced Cain’s concussion on the day (and in the later injury report said 2 weeks out, so more than the minimum 12 days).

Elsewhere, three players including Ally Anderson reach 75 games. Sarah Ford back in after 6 weeks out. Borg omitted.

This looks like the end for Dani Marshall. I’ll be surprised if she doesn’t get delisted.

I thought she might have one more year, but the team is going younger and the standard is probably getting too high to carry someone with her background.

Just sucks I didn’t get to see her play a single game this year. Don’t know if she will play VFL or what, but she’s 32 now and may not want to go to a third club.

Hope I can get her to sign a jumper for me before it is too late.

1 Like

Simon has attended EFC women’s games for many years (and gave a shout-out to the VFLW in the press conference).

4 Likes

Does he still live around the corner from Windy Hill?

I’m hoping to get to the game this weekend. It’s a pity I haven’t had the time to get to enjoy a game live this year.

If you see black armbands this game it’s probably for Paige’s nanna.

1 Like

Nine News story at https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1717449906346975599

Seven News story at https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1717449177003876731

He’s a great ambassador. Been terrific him helping to integrate the ‘W’ with the broader club and WH.

4 Likes

Should also mention, it’s a WARF Radio game. Stream via the AFL Website and apps, plus live for those sitting in or close enough to level 1 in the Hird Stand :smiley:

3 Likes

Pretty sure I could hear you from the Reynolds in the final quarter last week…

1 Like

“We might show the boys how its done making the finals is ticking a box but you want to win them”

Warning shots fired to the mens love Maddy

P.S. Forecast is for a big wind from the north. Our VFLW girls will know not to kick the ball into the Bowls Club over that stupid straight boundary, and to work the ball to the Napier Street end in the shade of the stands.