General AFLW comments and articles

I know the reasons why, but damn I wish Essendon had a team in this comp.

I hate the womens league.

I found myself supporting FC because they made a broader family member (and excellent person) captain. I so wish sheā€™d stayed at the Bulldogs (she probably does too as a doggies fan!)

Im not sure i can ever forgive them this horrible conflict.

She can play too. Jobe would have been proud of a couple of her long hand passes.

I know the reasons why, but damn I wish Essendon had a team in this comp.

Iā€™m kinda bummed we wont be inaugural members of both comps and wouldā€™ve loved the opportunity to win the first flags in both as well.

lol @ those saying they canā€™t watch a game with ā€œpoor skillsā€, pretending theyā€™ve never ever heard of Jake Melksham, Kyle Reimers, Ty Zantuck or Kepler Bradley

That person on the Charlie Pickering show was mighty impressive and not hiding a thing about her personal life. So confident, she is not going to take trash talk by the media or the on field sledgers on that score.
Not so easy for the blokes to come out,

^ based on my observations at local leve, any sexuality based sledges by the women would almost have to be reversed lol (so that most of the sledges were directed at heterosexual athletes)

lol @ those saying they can't watch a game with "poor skills", pretending they've never ever heard of Jake Melksham, Kyle Reimers, Ty Zantuck or Kepler Bradley

I can tell you right now, if every AFL player was on par with those 4 Iā€™d never watch a game lol

One week in and we have the Age spruiking an exclusive about the AFLs first openly gay couple in the womenā€™s comp. duh.

Good on the girls for being comfortable sharing their story with the media and the fans.

But can anyone explain what someoneā€™s sexuality have to do with their chosen sport?

A couple lezos is a better story than a couple poofters.

Demā€™s the rules.

EDIT: didnā€™t think that would avoid the filterā€¦

How big was the crowd last night?

I think I heard them say around 6,500

One week in and we have the Age spruiking an exclusive about the AFLs first openly gay couple in the women's comp. duh.

Good on the girls for being comfortable sharing their story with the media and the fans.

But can anyone explain what someoneā€™s sexuality have to do with their chosen sport?

Quality investigative journalism right there, mate.

I think I heard them say around 6,500

Correction. The replay is on in the background at home and they just stated the crowd was 7,669

Wowā€¦ nice left foot snap from Mo Hope there ā€¦

Stylish quick answer from the Deez.

Those going on about skills, ā€¦ remember how I mentioned initial nerves?

They seem to have improved markedly in just one week.

Stylish quick answer from the Deez.

Those going on about skills, ā€¦ remember how I mentioned initial nerves?

They seem to have improved markedly in just one week.

I tuned in and watched the entire second quarter to give it a proper watch and the skills were abominable.

Great work. Go DEEZ!

Scum dirty playing has extended to the chick team it seems.

Hope sheā€™s ok, it was certainly a bell ringer.

Tell ya whatā€¦ the girls sing a hellava lot better than the boys.

That was a great game last night, that third 1/4 was outstanding footy and some excellent skills were on display by the Dees. They smashed the Pies there.

Melbourne must have played some good footy in the second half. They looked done at half time.