Aiden Bonnar - stuck in the queue at GWS

Skip Bonnar, looks very average.

We should be targetting Caldwell or Hateley, both look future stars.

The latter part is very true, but we aren’t exactly flush with high picks atm to target such kids. Same with Constable at Geelong, its a no-brainer to get him if he was available, but getting it done is a problem.

I’d definitely be looking closely at Bonar and also Shipley if they came cheaply. Injury due diligence is the main thing for Bonar.

Bonar has gone 3 years now without any injuries although would make sense he gets injured again if he came to us lol

Bonar is a top 10 talent and has all the traits that we are looking for as a big bodied inside mid who loves to tackle and can take marks around the ground aswell. The perfect player to have swapping with Stringer in the middle and forward.

4 Likes

It’s more so whether his prior injuries have robbed him of acceleration/agility.

Cheers. What’s the knock on him then? Hately was getting games ahead of him this season with Ward out.

B
R
I
N
G

BONAR

IN

Hately has the better tank and was always a better short term prospect

Considering he blitzed the combine I would say those queries aren’t to be worried about

1 Like

That’s what she said…

Considering our coaches bewilderment at how to properly develop either of Langford and Laverde, I wouldn’t be condemning Bonar to a similar fate. The last thing we need is another guy that will take us three years to determine what role he can actually play for us.

1 Like

Laverde, Langford, Begley and Bonar all standing about 65m out from goal looking at each other and shrugging in confusion.

9 Likes

There are no queues at GWS, especially at the stadium

1 Like

Take him, no mucking around with dual position. Pure inside mid or nothing.

Unwanted Bonar?

1 Like

As fun as the Bonnar puns would be, I do not want.

not a bad debut

Bring him in

1 Like

You’re all a bunch of Alan Noonan try hards and you make me sick.

1 Like

Two weakish drafts coming up, definitely worth the risk for our list if we don’t end up with top 10 picks for Joe.

3 Likes

Take him if we can.

GWS must have seen something to give him a 2 year deal only 12 months ago

They also have salary cap issues

He’s not the first GWS early pick that hasn’t had much of a look in due to all the 1st rounders on their list

I actually like him and for a 3rd or 4th rounder what do we lose

3 Likes

He’s a better pickup than what we could find in the third or fourth round but I’m not sure about his salary.

For those saying GWS want to push him out, I think it’s interesting the Giants rated him highly enough to offer a big contract early in his career. Perhaps now they need more space in the cap -and they have the academy kid, Green, coming in and that’s why he’s being shopped.

That contract was only signed at the beginning of last season

Cap issues

1 Like