Alwyn Davey 100 games

Week after that Collingwood goal.. 

[youtube]v=e4dRUSDVH2w[/youtube

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4dRUSDVH2w[/youtube

How many Army Award nominations in his first season?

Massive accolade.

I think he received every nomination in one round alone!

The better our forward line structure the better he plays. Always struggled when we trues to play him as a CHF. one of my favourites

Well done Froggy. Still one of my favourites, still has plenty to offer next year.

100 games is a fantastic effort.

Glad to see him get here. I still think he has value for us and should be offered another contract

God I hope he plays this week - he isn't losing pace, but I would hate him to hang up the boots on 99!

Stepped out of the shadow of his brother early on to establish his own presence. Between them they took forward defensive pressure to new levels. As a direct result he started receiving more attention from defenders, a lot more. He was smashed into on a regular basis to slow him down, in fairly blatant crude attempts to lessen his effectiveness. Many of those bumps were borderline legal at best, but due to his more compact dimensions the effects were felt more. Last season he in concert with Jetta provided our forward line with the creative small forwards that we needed. He is still not a classic crumber or goal sneak in the true sense of the word, but like others have mentioned his running down of players from behind was his specialty and he created a lot of goals with his pressure on defenders who knew that he was about to tackle and so hurried their disposals. l remember reading an article at the time with him saying he practiced when to tackle, he just knew the timing was critical so that he ended up with the ball.

My favourite Froggy moment was the day he ripped the ball out of Judd's hands in the middle and took off downfield. The look of utter bewilderment on Judd's face was priceless, as he thought to himself, how did he do that. 

100 Froggy games, well done spn. 

Geelong broke his arm and injured Hird to swing a game their way.

we were flying to that point in 2007 and were sitting reasonably high on the ladder having had a number of very close wins. Sheedy's final year and the injuries struck at the wrong time for him. Also ushered in the era of second half of the season fade outs.

my all time favourite froggy goal was the one on anzac day where he ran onto the ball on the edge of the square and sliced through harry and burns like they weren't there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMcOHqTVO-4

Just hope he gets selected. Really poor game last week but we just have to get him there.
Crossing my fingers and holding my breath but likely to be dropped.

Me too! Doesn't deserve a game on form but simply must get him to the 100 for the father son possibilities alone.

Another another note, I'd love Hille to get a farewell game.

I expect you will play this week Alwyn, so… Congratulations on 100 games for the Mighty Bombers!

I always like to see him in the team.  Even when he doesn't get much of the ball himself, he always worried and chases the opposition defenders and puts them under pressure, as well as often trapping the ball in our forward line.  He deserves to be a 100 game player.

Still remember his first season, was awesome. Then got his arm broken by the dog tenace i think it was.
I just wish after 99 games his fellow players would understand he isn't 6 foot! Fantastic effort to get to 100 games though.
Never get tired of watching him run down guys from behind.

Didn't he brake his arm at training?
I remember going to the '08 ANZAC Day game and the day prior to it there were reports he had fractured his arm at training and would miss the game.
I remember my mate and I were so disappointed as he was so exciting to watch.

No, he broke his arm in 2007 in about round 14 against Geelong.

He did his ACL at training leading up the 2008 ANZAC day game.

I'd forgotten he did an ACL.

That never helps.

Is that all.  I thought he was up around 150 at least.  Father/Son get him in.  Unless we get banned from that too for the next 15 years

awesome work! has 4 sons also so bonus for the club getting him to 100 games!

I think the idea of getting someone to 100 games to take advantage of the father son rule is much overrated. But when someone is on 99 games, has four sons, is a delisting candidate and it’s the last game of the season, then the decision is simple.

I'd forgotten he did an ACL.

That never helps.

And the busted wrist.

Lost a touch of speed after the ACL but I've said it before and will say it again, forward line always looks more dangerous with him in it.

Still remember his first season, was awesome. Then got his arm broken by the dog tenace i think it was.
I just wish after 99 games his fellow players would understand he isn't 6 foot! Fantastic effort to get to 100 games though.
Never get tired of watching him run down guys from behind.

Didn't he brake his arm at training?
I remember going to the '08 ANZAC Day game and the day prior to it there were reports he had fractured his arm at training and would miss the game.
I remember my mate and I were so disappointed as he was so exciting to watch.

No, he broke his arm in 2007 in about round 14 against Geelong.

He did his ACL at training leading up the 2008 ANZAC day game.

Broke it when that mongrel body dropped on him.