Alwyn Davey 100 games

COMPULSORY VIEWING:

The tragedy of ACLs.

Courageous, modern, team-sparking player.

I remember clearly when he picked the ball up between two saints players and they both went to crush him.. He hit boost and they nailed each other!
Can you find the video of his kids dribbling the ball through the door in the change rooms?

Can't find it, sorry. I'm not much cop at internet-finding, though, so it certainly doesn't mean it's not out there.

love Froggy! 

glad he got to 100 games. well deserved.

That first season... wow.  I really thought we had a beauty on our hands then.  Unfortunately he's never really reached those heights again.  Still our best option as a small forward and definitely worth another shot next year. 

Yep, think we should still keep on for next year. Don't forget, he had an awesome start to the year.

Oh, and 100 games... 4 boys ... BIG KEV!!

Yep, think we should still keep on for next year. Don't forget, he had an awesome start to the year.

Oh, and 100 games... 4 boys ... BIG KEV!!

For better or worse he's still one of the best small forwards on the list. I can't see him being moved on without picking up a few ready made players.

for a guy of his size and the injuries he's had it's a credit to him that he's made it to 100

His kids and Hirdys kids will remember this season and destroy the afl when they get drafted.

Will be very lucky to get another contract next season imo

Who are the people on the list that are coming up to take his spot, and more importantly, with limited draft activity next year, who is the back up to them?

For 1 year on stuff all money you would be mad to remove Davey from the list. If someone takes his spot, Awesome, but he would be fair depth player to have on the list.

That first season... wow.  I really thought we had a beauty on our hands then.  Unfortunately he's never really reached those heights again.  Still our best option as a small forward and definitely worth another shot next year. 

He really gave a lot of hope for EFC fans that year, ppl loved going to watch just to see him play.

1 year contract extension at the most purely due to lack of any obvious replacements. For supposed quickness neither Davey or Jetta have any balls in trying to use it.

i would give him a one year deal. Would be a good depth player. But isn't the answer to our small forward problem. So many times tonight he went up in packs when he should of been waiting at their feet.Was driving me crazy.

Very few teams have designated small forwards, they rotate mids through there

No good.

He’s cooked and has been so for a while. But in a year when we’ll probably hold off turning our list over significantly given we don’t have a round 1 or 2 draft pick, he could hang on for another year and have a season like NLM or Hille this year - majority of time spent in the VFL with the odd firsts game when injuries strike.

Draft picks aren't worth as much as they were before Free Agency was brought in.

If not for the draft penalties I think he'd be gone at seasons end. As it is I think he might get an extra year.

Corey Del straight swap for Davey.

If Alwyn Davey went to a movie that was promoted as 3D, and he purchesed a 3D ticket. and it ended up not being 3D, would he be entitled to a refund.

What if the cinema planned it from the beginning?

Mega Bump.

Alwyn & Bro Aaron have both just been inducted as “Legends” into the NT AFL Hall of Fame.

Well done guys, … may all your sons follow you there.

15 Likes