An appeal for freedom of speech without the stereotypical labeling and name calling

Calling people stereotypical names because of their opinion on a debatable topic absolutely sucks. This is my point.

3 Likes

Thanks, Saucy, good advice, and if things donā€™t change I just might heed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s like going into the Hawthorn cheer squad and arguing with them all why Essendon is the better club.

I mean, you could do that if you want, but why would you bother?

Itā€™s a real hive mind mentality.

6 Likes

Yes

I agree you Nazi pig-dog

:grin:

(Seriously though I do agree)

I LOVE analogies ha ha

The great modern philosopher, Rick Gervais said something similar.

The internet is a black and white world when most things are grey.

5 Likes

Thank you

ā€œFreedom of Speechā€

Letā€™s explore this phrase.

Freedom of expression (including speech) is one of the fundamental Human Rights as part of the United Nations Charter.

The problem that we have with many people complaining about Not enough ā€œfreedom of speechā€, is that they want to use this to sh*t on the other 29 human rights.

Australia doesnā€™t have Freedom of speech in its constitution. Everything anyone says, has consequences.

but using one article of human rights, to abuse another article is farcical.

3 Likes

I always like a thread where the answer is in the title, and if you disagree with it you are EVIL.

6 Likes

You reckon Blitz is bad? I live in an inner-suburb of Melbourne and work in the Victorian public serviceā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure BigFooty would suit you to a tee. And the freedom of speech is also the freedom to disagree with your opinion.

1 Like

LIBTARDS

3 Likes

I didnā€™t mean that at all, sorry if it seems that way.

Iā€™m gonna take a break now.

I will leave on this note and hope that it makes my position clear:-

The stereotypical labeling of an individual based on their opinion of a debatable topic ABSOLUTELY SUCKS and is wrong.

I have seen that on BOMBERBLITZ, DJR :wink:

2 Likes

Vinnie you know I love ya, but I just have to go one moreā€¦

VD: There is no place where my sorts of opinions can be freely shared anymore

Also VD: Please watch this TV station entirely dedicated 24/7 to people who share my opinions

4 Likes

But what if VD likes to talk politics? Just because his views are different to others he shouldnā€™t be hounded down for them.

2 Likes

Can you show us examples of this?

2 Likes

Maybe heā€™s just suggesting that people who are equally glued to the ABC as if it is the only one true Gospel (actually Quran is more acceptable) just have a look at it and diversify their media intake from varying perspectives.

2 Likes

By religiously watching Sky News? Seems unhealthyā€¦

1 Like

Religiously? He said ā€œif you would like to see itā€

2 Likes