Andrew Gaff

Gaff is pretty overrated IMO, and as stated is tagged out of games easily.

In saying that, he is the go-to tag at WC, as Priddis doesn't really damage, Shuey still inconsistent and the others are well, just not good enough.

Gaff would come into our line-up behind Watson, Goddard and Zaka and would probably flourish, so you'd definitely take him. WC would want the world though I would think.

I'd much prefer to wait until next year and have a fair crack at Shuey

And if Gaff goes to another club and Shuey sticks with WCE?

I would easily trade our first pick (20ish?) for him.

Pick 18 I think (end of 1st Rounder).
WC would be asking this pick + a player like Colyer {as a minimum}.

Was a very good player when he first started, looked like he had all that was required for AFL, but really struggles with a tag.

Would still take him as he is a good midfielder, but his price (West Coast requirements) would be too high.

this, plus who exactly is he going to kick out of the midfield ?

Watson ?

Stanton hahahhaha ?

Hocking ?

Melk hahhahahhahahahhaha ?

Heppell ?

Myers ?

Zaka ?

plus we don't trade for quality, cos we over estimate the worth of our players while trying to underestimate the players worth that they are chasing.

If anyone really wants him, pray he stays at WC for another 3 odd years, then we can definately get in via free agency.

Pick 19 IIRC from afl.com.au

Gaff is pretty overrated IMO, and as stated is tagged out of games easily.

In saying that, he is the go-to tag at WC, as Priddis doesn't really damage, Shuey still inconsistent and the others are well, just not good enough.

Gaff would come into our line-up behind Watson, Goddard and Zaka and would probably flourish, so you'd definitely take him. WC would want the world though I would think.

If he's the go-to tag, and their #2 midfielder after Priddis, then no ■■■■■■ wonder they'll ask a lot! (I've not seen any WCE games this year).

I think wc gave up pick 19 or close to that for wellingham. Gaff and wellingham on par with each other

I think wc gave up pick 19 or close to that for wellingham. Gaff and wellingham on par with each other

He was a number 4 Pick, I would hate to think what they would want for him, as average as he is.

I've watched him all of this year cause I picked him in one of the fantasy games. 

He is an poor man's Stanton. Plays the same type of game, link up work, hard running, decent disposal but he just so vanilla. Doesn't hit the scoreboard either. West Coast fans have wanted him dropped all throughout the year.

And if Gaff goes to another club and Shuey sticks with WCE?

Then we don't overpay for a player who isn't that good. Gaff is still a recent enough draftee that the whole "pick 4" will come into play and the Eagles midfield isn't really so great that they can afford to let him go so they would be asking a huge price.

And if Shuey wants to stay with WCE simply target someone else, perhaps a GWS kid, when we have picks that are actually decent (unless we actually manage to get our picks back this year but I won't hold my breath on that one).

Isnt it funny, a month ago most people would have been happy to offload Colyer for a trade like this. But after his last few weeks im not sure Id want to trade him  :unsure:

He has the muscle definition of a rake.

Anyone here reckon he would have held a tackle in the last 90 seconds of the port game where  every tackle stuck.

Bomba wants us to be hard to play against we were that last week especially when it counted.

He was a number 4 Pick, I would hate to think what they would want for him, as average as he is.

Our pick will be Pick 22-23 after FA comp selections (actually maybe not given the piss-poor FA pool this year). Gaff would be another number through midfield, and at least he'd be of an age that is appealing to us rather than getting a Mundy, if he was available, and adding another 28+ mid to go with Jobe, BJ and Stants. He is a front-runner, so is Shuey, but Shuey is a far more damaging player in terms of goals, etc. I wouldn't give up the world for Gaff, put a trade proposal in, if WCE knock it back, move on and look at something else.

Our pick will be Pick 22-23 after FA comp selections (actually maybe not given the piss-poor FA pool this year). Gaff would be another number through midfield, and at least he'd be of an age that is appealing to us rather than getting a Mundy, if he was available, and adding another 28+ mid to go with Jobe, BJ and Stants. He is a front-runner, so is Shuey, but Shuey is a far more damaging player in terms of goals, etc. I wouldn't give up the world for Gaff, put a trade proposal in, if WCE knock it back, move on and look at something else.

Our pick will be 19 regardless of other teams compensation.

Not sure I see everyone's fascination with picking up players from other clubs.  As a club we have always done extremely well in developing our own, well there have been some recent years this has not worked, however we now seem to be back on the right track with some absolute rippers coming through.  Why go seeking someone who instantly comes with a hefty price tag?

Isn't it funny, a month ago most people would have been happy to offload Colyer for a trade like this. But after his last few weeks im not sure Id want to trade him  :unsure:

It always bemuses me how quick people are to jump on / off a bandwagon, when a play has a change of form. Colyer has taken some time to develop, but he is now exactly where we need him to be, and doing exactly what we need him to do. Why bother developing a player, simply to unload him at the first opportunity, just when he is about to deliver the sort of play the team needs.

Not sure I see everyone's fascination with picking up players from other clubs.  As a club we have always done extremely well in developing our own, well there have been some recent years this has not worked, however we now seem to be back on the right track with some absolute rippers coming through.  Why go seeking someone who instantly comes with a hefty price tag?

Yep

Yeah we should have developed our own BJ