Andrew Gaff

Is he out of contract at the end of the year?

He’s farking soft as.

Can’t have too many of that type of player if you expect to win finals.

I’d only be interested if he came at virtually no cost.

I wouldn’t call him soft, I think he’d fit well in our midfield

He is just Jackson Merrett 2.0.

Hundreds of better players than him.

He is purely an outside player and can easily get tagged out of games.

Would take him in a heart beat.

Would really compliment Stanton and zaka in the midfield as someone who can run hard on the outside, and wouldn’t draw the tag in our midfield.

Main issue with him is if he can play a secondary role / position when rotating out of the midfield.

Shuey would be a better get from WCE no idea on his contract status

Shuey is contracted 'til the end of 2015. Though he'd move mountains to play alongside his BFF (Zaka).

Gaff is in contract talks at the moment, seems keen to stay at the Eagles.

I'm sure we're having a look at both these guys, but we'd have to give up a W.A. boy (how about a Hardingham and Jetta combo deal?) in return

The connection between Zaka and Shuey is actually quite touching and sad.

Saw a doco on it last year I think in the “Discovered” segment that channel 7 have on during halftime.

Would take him. Has plenty of upside just needs the right coach

Yeah if we had a choice out of WC I’d want Shuey…

Is predominantly an outside player but I wouldn’t call him soft at all. You can never have enough quality ball users in your team. Was a number 4 pick? And is quite an accomplished young player so would cost a bit.

Been saying for years get him.

Type of outside runner we need with good skill

He is a very good player who's had an average year.

Great skills, hard runner.

Was it he having chats with one of our coaches at the Observation resort in Perth couple years ago?

If the WCE offered us Gaff in exchange for Zach Merrett, would you take it ?

They’d argue they have a Number 4 Pick, and should be compensated adequately for him.

It’s the old Caddy argument again.

Albeit, Gaff has been a constant in the WC side since his debut.

He’s just an average to good player, and I wouldnt give up anything other than our 3 Rounder for him.

Certainly not Pick 18.

Our recruiters got the Zerrett selection right, and I’d be backing them to do the same this year.

So we've got Watson, Goddard, Zaka, Heppell, Stanton and the opposition are going to tag Gaff?
What sort of idiot coach are we playing against?

They'd argue they have a Number 4 Pick, and should be compensated adequately for him.
It's the old Caddy argument again.
He's just an average to good player, and I wouldnt give up anything other than our 3 Rounder for him.
Certainly not Pick 18.
Our recruiters got the Zerrett selection right, and I'd be backing them to do the same this year.

Gaff is a good player but wouldnt offer zerrett.

If a WA player wanted to go home we could assist this. I dont think Pears or Dell trade would get it done.

if we win back our draft picks into the second round. I would trade Pears + 2nd round to WCE for Gaff. its still not enough.

Was a very good player when he first started, looked like he had all that was required for AFL, but really struggles with a tag.

Would still take him as he is a good midfielder, but his price (West Coast requirements) would be too high.

So we've got Watson, Goddard, Zaka, Heppell, Stanton and the opposition are going to tag Gaff?
What sort of idiot coach are we playing against?

Ross Lyon tags everyone. No-one calls him an idiot.

For the right price definitely want. He has good skills, decent pace, and great endurance, and he fills a need - we have an shortage of decent spread players. With Stanton getting on he would be a good get.

Getschuey.

They'd argue they have a Number 4 Pick, and should be compensated adequately for him.
He's just an average to good player, and I wouldnt give up anything other than our 3 Rounder for him.
Certainly not Pick 18.
Our recruiters got the Zerrett selection right, and I'd be backing them to do the same this year.

A third rounder isn't going to get it done, now that Dyson has taken his steak knives home. The standard adage of not being able to handle a tag is a furphy, it means nothing. Let it also be said that there are no soft players in the AFL, you just don't make it to this level in the first place if you are pea hearted. What there are, are some players who are a bit harder than others, but it is a relative thing. FWIW l would be interested in either of these players, as l am sure a lot of clubs will be. They won't come cheap, even if they are on the move.

Certainly not Pick 18.

A third rounder isn't going to get it done, now that Dyson has taken his steak knives home. The standard adage of not being able to handle a tag is a furphy, it means nothing. Let it also be said that there are no soft players in the AFL, you just don't make it to this level in the first place if you are pea hearted. What there are, are some players who are a bit harder than others, but it is a relative thing. FWIW l would be interested in either of these players, as l am sure a lot of clubs will be. They won't come cheap, even if they are on the move.

Bryce Gibbs *cough* *cough*... *Fark Carlton cough*...