Andrew Thorburn X CEO

3 Likes

Because of Thorburn they’ll be the last company sponsoring us!

1 Like

I have no doubt he will run the business side of the club very well, and bring in lots of money.

I heard Thorburn made sure only fark carlton bank customers got ripped off

4 Likes

Thankfully they are the league sponsor anyway

Sounds like a high powered executive getting a job running a kindergarten.
NAB : Turnover $19bn employees 24K
EFC Turnover $100m employees 150

WTF ?

5 Likes

I just want him to fulfill Barham’s promise of making football our number one focus.

29 Likes

why the fark hasn’t it been ?? sheesh.

The statement makes it sound like he was quite arms length from it.

He could be great, but I am sceptical of a banker with a reputation as bruised by the Royal commission as Thorburn’s, running the club. I hope he proves me wrong.

3 Likes

He is a banker clap clap clap clap clap
He is a banker clap clap clap clap clap

4 Likes

Doesn’t need the money and not doing it for career progression. Just a passion project for him. Unless it turns out his heart isn’t in it, it could turn out pretty well for us. The guy has the skills.

5 Likes

Passion project

Not like he needs the money, would have been getting paid plenty as head of various banking organisations over the years.

No one better than a banker to make our focus footy again!

2 Likes

Thorburn charging fees for no service is the same as Essendon charging memberships fees for no service either I suppose.

70 Likes

As long as he has a passion for winning flags. The rest would be childs play for guy with his experience.

Maybe he can cash in our war bonds to make a loan to Norf with lots of hidden fees and charges

Please don’t fark up our great club…oh wait!

1 Like

He’d still have good connections which doesn’t hurt. An AFL club is also vastly different to running a bank.

I’d have rathered we didn’t get someone specifically told they were very unethical in a royal commission, but he will probably do a very good job as CEO. I can see why he’s got the gig.

3 Likes

Thorburn: Hi Brad. What do you need to run football?

Scott: I need this, this and this.

Thorburn: No problems. You’ve got it all. Anything else just ask.

2 Likes

I’d like a passion project that paid me $800k per annum

8 Likes