Andrew Thorburn X CEO

How much money could the club have saved by hiring the CEO, and then he did a review?

But nah, we hand over couple of $100k for an external review…… then we hire the bloke who ran it.

Sounds like the LNP

6 Likes

I get the feeling that Barham has given Scott full control over the football side of things, and Thorburn will run the business side of things.

Doubt either will get involved in the others business.

2 Likes

“BREAKING - Kevin Sheedy tells Mark Robinson he voted for James Hird to be CEO”

47 Likes

this is more discouraging than sheedys outburst

4 Likes

You nailed it - I think the fact he’s had open and authentic conversations with staff is 100% positive. It means he can address any issues and build a great culture at the club.
I’d say this appointment is equally as important and impressive as the Scott appointment. Thorburn is a seriously talented CEO and leader. I know people who have worked with him and they rate him very very highly. I hope the supporters get behind him because we are very fortunate to have someone of his calibre join as CEO. Well done Essendon - an inspired choice

2 Likes

Having a CEO who has been castigated by a royal commission really isn’t the nicest feeling.

21 Likes

We have 2 pretty high powered individuals running the club now, and an Agent of Change chairing the board.

I still just want this new regime, however powerful it is to translate into wining finals and flags.

Can we start by showing our farking credentials and blasting Collingwood off the park next Anzac Day.

Was he fully endorsed by the Board?

4 Likes

New President, New Coach, New CEO … New Captain

5 Likes

yes, but not to capacity.

2 Likes

New Dawn.

Where did Dave go?? I miss Dave.

1 Like

download

19 Likes

External review suddenly, unexpectedly, became internal.

Is the bloke a Urologist!?

5 Likes

I get the feeling some people didn’t read the whole article and missed this bit…
(Not aimed at anyone in particular)

1 Like

I have been pleased with what Barham has done so far, so I will get behind this.

7 Likes

“My boss is a ■■■■■■■ idiot, I don’t know how he still has a job”
“Okay, thanks Bob, we’ll include the fact there’s disharmony in the department in the review.”
several weeks later
“Bob, you’re a malcontent, pack your bags.”

1 Like

Yep, these guys say words like “football”. I appreciate that in my CEO’s and Chairman’s.

Sheeds to declare he voted for Hirdy in a few minutes.

8 Likes

Control the ops
Bring in the money

Given the money to the football department
Stay away from the footballing

1 Like