Andrew Thorburn X CEO

I read the members email carefully, though it was a waste of time: we could all smell this one coming from a long way away. Oganisation man from the big end of town, appointed by a committee of organisation men from a similar background. I love the description of his value to the Club ! It makes him sound like X Mark II, but “bigger and better”.

2 Likes

Can’t see us getting Good Friday Footy anymore :wink:

3 Likes

No Sunday games thanks

1 Like

JOBS FOR THE BOYS BOYS BOYS!

Andrew Thorburn : *Chairs external review
Andrew Thorburn: “You should employ someone like me who is actually myself”
Essendon: “Sure”

4 Likes

Tbh I was more excited about the Scott appointment than this one.

5 Likes

Waiting for Sheedy

“For the record, I didn’t vote for Andrew as I bank with Westpac, and I’m not happy being affiliated with ex NAB people, I just want you to know”

17 Likes

Ah the blitz favourite

5 Likes

also review is/was led by EY not Thorburn.

Thorburn, Ryan and Hisgrove were helping them.

2 Likes

I would just like to take this opportunity to welcome Barnz former boss to Essendon Football Club.

6 Likes

This dude is a good hiring in my view.

Some seriously exceptional experience that will help move the club forward. He’s run some very complex organisations, and what from I’ve heard and read is a good leader.

And hopefully won’t be seduced by Tom Browne to leak everything all day to him.

4 Likes

Now that would be a scandal

they call me wimms former colleague

Point is they are all part of it.

Essendons recent history with honesty and integrity and general sneakiness ain’t great, so it’s a bit of an interesting one.

Seriously, the clubs trying to show its looking to focus away from commercial stuff and back to footy and they hire someone from a commercial stuff background.

Who’s a kiwi?

Then tells us he’s a life long Essendon supporter?

They still think we’re not paying attention.

3 Likes

Move us back to the MCG ya ■■■■

9 Likes

how do you feel about a 50 year extension to marvel?

born in Melbourne so its quite possible.

I agree. I am a little worried that this dude was part of the process. To my mind it casts a small shadow on the integrity of the process.

Hopefully my fears will be allayed and Andrew will soon be boasting about the clubs finals success under his leadership.

1 Like

■■■■ OFF

1 Like

HOUSE OF PAIN

Agent for change im on board

Just need sheedy and dods removed and we are there

1 Like