ANNOUNCE REVIEW THREAD OF WIN OVER GC - 2022 round 18

walked straight in the door from a night out on the ■■■■ to see us cook the hot thing of the competition. We are a different side and its bloody frustrating its happened now. Better late than never though as they say.

7 Likes

Well done lads, nice one.
Bring on the pies!!

2 Likes

There is still a chance if he can hold out for another 12 months

We’re gonna miss out on a top 5 pick, and miss out on finals.

It’s the worst possible scenario.

2 Likes

Or it could spring board us next sesaon

Good win and the team as whole looked fantastic.

It is hard to be critical of anyone but I think Snelling needs to go back to the two’s.

It seems to me that the coaching panel erred at the start of the season with a game plan that worked against the way the playing group played. Not are they much better playing an attacking brand of football but they defend better as well.

3 Likes

Does it all the time

We got Hobbs with pick 13.

15 Likes

Earlier in the season he wasnt

It never does.

2 Likes

Sh it happens. Let’s enjoy a win.

7 Likes

I sincerely want to thank Luke Parker for bagging out Dylan shield because that has been the turnaround in my opinion. Shield being a man that he is took it on the chin, realised he needed to change and so has the rest of the team and we have become so good at contested ball and tackling. Thank you Luke Parker

20 Likes

He will be too busy with the GWS list next year.

That you grant?

3 Likes

What stood out is that we played as a cohesive unit. We looked and played like a proper team. Have not seen that for a long time. And when we do, we get days like today - where it comes together nicely.

We were running hard and offering uncontested leads. And when we had a contested mark we put ourselves in front of the contest and would win the free.

Tackling was excellent, especially in the forward half.

Backline worked really well together and for each other. Players running hard to give an option once we had the ball, allowing for an easier transition.

Our run and carry worked well, and gave us excellent ball movement. Hind going back to this style has been key for him.

Forwards did their thing, with Jones, Stringer and Langford stepping up on the scoreboard.

The young kids continue to shine, and you can see how you’d build a competitive side around them.

Shiel - what a turnaround after been publicly put on show. Credit to him for not only stepping up, but being one of the best going round at the moment. Stunning effort.

Draper = if you can’t see what Draper brings with a glass half full then you’re missing it. That enormous energy and love for his team, combined with freakish skills makes his unique and potent weapon. It doesn’t always work, but he’s got a lot of time to get better and better. But what he gives so far is significant.

But… it doesn’t mean all our problems are fixed. Far from it. Clearly we have issues getting into form. There have been issues around playing cohesively. But the last six weeks suggests some the messaging may be getting sorted out. The wins are going to help with the culture and the rebuild… if the coaches and players use it to work hard to get better rather than think it’s all good. The rest of the season has to be about getting set for 2023 and beyond.

36 Likes

In other news I have trained my robotic vacuum to bring me beers. Can’t post the video so picture will have to do.

38 Likes

We can ruin Collingwood’s season next week. If we do that our entire year of suffering will have been worthwhile!

Destroy them Bombers

9 Likes

We are learning to WIN!! Draft positions are so overrated. That’s why drafts are redone every year because of the mistakes that Are made. Yep… Hobbs pick 13, brilliant!

14 Likes
1 Like

Collingwood are due for a loss. A win next week is in the bag.

3 Likes