Another rat in the ranks. Please read before considering a vote for Bill Jennings

Should remove the swear filter for this thread only

is there asnyone left we can vote for? lol

Blitzimination  

Be very careful here punters.

Knights, Beverly is not a person we want back and he does have strong connection there and all that come with that. Should be enough. Hence me placing this farker last on a preference ballot.

More spiel

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/when-the-bombers-were-great-20131220-2zqrg.html

I wrote a long email to Martin Flanagan after he got that story into print, explaining I liked his work (up to this point) and reminded him about a very good article he wrote about James and how James said he'd been touched by his writing and trusted him to give him a candid interview.
My cross bit was that in isolation that article may have been a reasonable reflection on one fans view, but not in the context of writing for a paper that had maligned James with dishonest journalism when he should be smart enough to see that and not want to be seen to be taking part in a smear campaign, by highlighting one fans gripe.
I didn't get a reply.

"Why? Irrespective of the approaching results of the upcoming tribunal hearings, James Hird has to be more responsible for the mess our club is in."

WTF? l mean seriously? Hird took one for the players, put himself in harm's way and has been attacked unmercifully for the best part of two years, only to have this muppet come up with this rubbish. Bill Jennings, you sir have NFI. 

Now, ■■■■ off. 

Bit like The Hunger Games this!

Self righteous pompous prick who can’t even get his facts straight.

You couldn't get a more complete document of self-serving misinformation - complete with emotive rubbish, Grandparents, Holden, deformed babies and P Ryder -  outside of a C. Wilson article. ■■■■■■■. Well done Reboot. 

Who does he think he is…having a different opinion to everybody else…lets get out pitch forks and let’s go get him.

Hi, My name is Clone_Hirdy, I have a job, the same opinion as everybody on Blitz, I like to drink, gamble and watch ■■■■. Vote for me cause I better than yous all!

Hi, My name is Clone_Hirdy, I have a job, the same opinion as everybody on Blitz, I like to drink, gamble and watch ■■■■. Vote for me cause I better than yous all!

You've got my vote. 

It‘s pretty obvious the guidelines for getting on the Essendon board are biased towards finding people with corporate experience. That‘s fine, but I‘m not sure it‘s what the club needs most right now. I think what it needs is someone from small business who can offer that perspective to the large organization that Essendon is.

Why stop there? Lets replace Hird with Strathmores coach for some perspective.
This guy's a ■■■■■■■ loon.
This is his official pitch. I'm not quite sure he understands what a metaphor is, or at least one that is apt. Out and out the most rubbish out of the 9 candidates.

Bill Jennings

You‘re reading this so I reckon you care about Essendon and the range of issues that have divided members and torn at the soul of our great club.

I got up and shared at last year‘s AGM that I was at Windy Hill when Leigh Matthews snapped the point post. My brother and I heard it crack. That‘s a metaphor for what‘s happened at EFC.

I asked the club to run a members‘ forum; an inclusive face-to-face meeting so we could voice our concerns and listen to each other. It didn‘t happen. As your Director, I‘ll go one better, organising regular ways the board can connect with grassroots members. Like you and me.

I‘m a Dad who‘s taken his kids to the footy for years. I‘ll let you know where I‘ll be at games. I‘m proud to be nominated by Leigh Kirby from Bendigo. We sat together at the first Docklands game - been mates ever since. 

Our club needs to behave better. I‘ll start by voting to stop ‘Donations‘ the club takes from members on Advantage payment unless they Opt-Out. EFC needs to be good enough that you want to Opt-In.

Contacts: 03-94802870; [email protected] @Bill_Jennings www.bomberbill.com 

“Grassroots members”? What a pretentious load of ■■■■■.

I like the bit where he said James Hird was responsible but then added nothing to back that up.

I also like the bit where he said Hird glassed Tania, but should be forgiven for that.

How do we get this information out to the general public?

It‘s pretty obvious the guidelines for getting on the Essendon board are biased towards finding people with corporate experience. That‘s fine, but I‘m not sure it‘s what the club needs most right now. I think what it needs is someone from small business who can offer that perspective to the large organization that Essendon is.

Why stop there? Lets replace Hird with Strathmores coach for some perspective.
This guy's a ******* loon.

Club got whacked for 'governance' and apparently we need LESS corporate experience...

How do we get this information out to the general public?

We are doing our best . . .
  • 'On the former point, it appears that worry about the unknown health consequences contributed to Paddy Ryder‘s desire to leave the club. That is so sad.'

Mr Jenning's, it certainly appeared that way.

No mention in this piece of Mr Ryder's worry and if the concern was so great as it was made out to be, it would of been mentioned, so therefore can only assume it was only used as leverage to break his contract (which most of knew at the time anyway). 

STAR recruit Paddy Ryder says he has joined Port Adelaide to win a premiership.

Ryder, who walked out on Essendon over the 22-month ASADA investigation, says he picked the Power ahead of fellow suitors Brisbane and GWS because it is close to winning a flag.

“It was easily because of the success the team had this year,” Ryder said of his decision. “They went deep into the finals and playing at Essendon I didn‘t get those finals campaigns, so that was the biggest standout when choosing Port — the direction that the club is heading.

“That‘s something that is pretty exciting.

“They cane pretty close to winning it (the premiership) last year and I definitely think they are right on the verge of winning one.”

Ryder said he was relieved to join Port and get out of Essendon where he said he wasn‘t enjoying his footy. 

The 26-year-old, 170-game ruckman/forward said he still had many great mates at the Bombers but that the ASADA investigation had taken its toll on him mentally, leading to his departure.

“It was hard to leave my mates, you don‘t want to walk away from your mates in tough times, and I wish them the best,” Ryder said.

“But the circumstances of why I wanted to leave was more important to me.

“With everything that was going on I wasn‘t enjoying my football there.

“For me to keep playing football and loving football I probably had to move away from Essendon to do that.

“And the club respected that.” 

Ryder said he never contemplated sitting out of football for a year if a trade hadn‘t been orchestrated.

“I always had full faith that something would get done and that Essendon would do the right thing,” he said.

Ryder said he isn‘t concerned about any potential ASADA ban which could see him suspended from the early rounds next season.

“You try not to worry about that,” he said.

“I‘m just looking forward to getting out on the (training) track now.”

Originally published as Ryder: I‘m at Port to win a flag   :rolleyes:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/paddy-ryder-says-he-joined-port-adelaide-to-win-an-afl-premiership/story-fndv8s6g-1227129410598

Jenno.