Anti - umpire people power

can some astute stats person quote me a game that the free kick tally equal the points kicked ?

I know. It’s not going to stop, but to win despite it is ■■■■■■■ fantastic, even if few will actually acknowledge it.

Not off the top of my head… but Sandringham’s 19 frees earned them a total of 9 points last weekend :wink:

(Willy 77 points from 14 frees…)

1 Like

it’s because the smart ones can enjoy both the win, but realise that if that game was umpired the same any other day with a full strentgh side, we may not have been able to hold on for the win.

why should a win or loss dicatate how pooly the umpiring was ?

if you accept tonight just cos of a win, it means you accept it as a norm, whicn means you allow it to happen every week, which again it’s all well and good when you get a win, not so much if you lose a game for the sole fact of corrupt umpiring.

8 Likes

Umpiring incidents that deserve review -
1)EFC back shanks kick off outside of boot- ruled deliberate out
2)EFC back tossed backwards as kicks- ruled deliberate out
3) EFC foward marks ball cleanly, brings it down and ruled no mark
4) EFC back touches ball on goal line- no goal review
5) EFC back impeded by WC player from returning ball- ruled 50m penalty

11 Likes

Grow up ffs.

“if you accept it”? what else are you going to do?

Umpiring has been ■■■■ in just about every game , every year for decades.

There is no corruption or anti Essendon bias it’s just ■■■■ umpiring and rarely does it have much effect on any game.

The only reason you notice it so much is because you have made it this big issue and start crapping on about it before a ball has even been bounced. You’ve made it into something it’s not.

100% DK absolutely rapt our guys can cop this BS umpiring tally every week and still put in their efforts - Umpires decisions arn’t black and white they are increments E.G. how quick they call play on after movement, depending on which side has the footy, stopping the countdown clock because a shoe lace needs to be done up -really ? is that a rule?

1 Like

What does James Hird think about the umpiring?

Do you need help to pull your head out of your ■■■■?

1 Like

You’re the one crying corruption and conspiracy theories.

How about a straight jacket?

I’m not usually one to blast the umpires, but in all seriousness they did their absolute best to keep them in it. if it’s not corruption it’s something quite close to it

8 Likes

I’m waiting for Mr thurgood to go ape.

1 Like

And was that to keep the game interesting? Or were S.P’s interested. You know how all these betting apps, and adds, are starting to get me paranoid

Mate, I am a qualified practising lawyer who is a senior associate in a major firm, and I am 100% convinced that corruption is rife in the AFL.
Whether it be simple bias or point skimming I cannot determine, but it is categorical that the AFL is corrupt

14 Likes

That was terrible umpiring tonight. Yeah sure we won well but it was despite woeful bias.

I’m not sure what the first bit has to do with the second bit.

3 Likes

I was there. Never seen anything like it. We took the crowd out of the equation yet they got everything. Noise of affirmation or whatever its called is rubbish. Clear bias. What should’ve been a straight forward win always had the threat of an umpired inspired roll.
Also a fair chunk of their supporters are disgraceful. Obnoxious flogs.

7 Likes

Name a team that gives away as many unnecessary free kicks as we do.

Works for a Law firm that works for the AFL??

1 Like

Don’t let the Partners know you are a conspiracy theorist fruit-cake.