ANZAC Day - speculation and argument for changes vs Pies 2019

Lol that post was made with quite a bit of Dutch courage.

2 Likes

I can understand why dutch courage would be important with that head

1 Like

Ha ha ha

Really. The face does ring a bell…

3 Likes

I know the Filth claim De Goey is 188cm but I’m calling balderdash. Not suggesting that racist bunch of low-lifes are lying, they’re just not capable of counting very well once they’ve gone past the number of ciggies in a box of Horizons.

5 Likes

Agree with this.

One thing I noticed us doing a few times to counter the corridor blocking against North was that Joe or Belly were setting up just forward of centre if we had possession in defence, and presenting as a target. Even when they only forced a contest, our runners then had time to get there in numbers and continue to a forward entry.

The key was the KPP getting to position in the corridor where they weren’t outnumbered if the ball did spill, and both of them did that pretty well.

Will be interesting to see if they do it again on Thursday, but the wider MCG could suit it.

6 Likes

WE can win this
But both players and coaches need to be alert 100 per cent of the time

Zoning out the corridor would leave the perimeter path open. Congesting the perimeter leaves the dangerous corridor. Man-ing up constricts the play for both sides and is probably not in their interests for this game. What they will try to do, is apply great pressure down the perimeter, and protect/compress the fat side, in an effort to rush the eventual pass in-field, cause a turnover, and zip down the corridor. The danger for them will be allowing our faster players to break through their zones. But it’s rock/paper/scissors. You cannot protect everything, particularly while you’re trying to build a score. That’s what the complexity is, and that’s why when two teams of similar skill meet, on-field leadership is paramount. A well organised team will beat a more skillful one almost always. When to take the risk. When to slow down and position. When to cross over higher rather than at hb or take it all the way to goal.

9 Likes

That sounds like if we hit our target on the switch inside then they’re proper, proper…

Need to show it as a @Finding_Nino play picture to make that ■■■■ real.

3 Likes

Why yes, of course.
As they say, a picture tells a thousand words. This should clear everything up:

17 Likes

The MCG has many corridors. We just need to execute the skills to work through the available space.

2 Likes

Why have we only got 10 on the ground?

5 Likes

We are the fastest side in the AFL and have created space with ease in the Melbourne and Brisbane games.

I’d like to run like hell to space and put some scoreboard pressure on early, hopefully tiring them in the process.

Then hopefully our full ground pressure condences it up and we can have THEM take risks through the corridor which we can pick off and cut through and score on. Hopefully widening the gap until we break them mentally. Then we can go full party trick mode and win by 80.

2 Likes

Melbourne are the slowest team in the comp and Brisbane have the lowest pressure rating in the comp. There’s a reason why we created so much space against them… We aren’t going to get the same latitude against the Pies.

1 Like

Just needs to throw his considerable weight around more

3 Likes

This big time. We played a big part but all three wins were against demoralised, slow and/or intimidated by the occasion opposition. In other words games we should win well and have, so that’s the positive. Pies, Richmond, GWS will be the mountains to climb.

Cool your jets, collingwood lovers

Dons by 30

22 Likes

That’s a seriously heavy brand you put on me pardner. Just applying my own brand of armour all pessimism to the proceedings. I’m surrounded by Cwood in my family and friends circle, you won’t find a more put upon and hateful dons fan tomorrow. The point is my jets are very cool, they’ll light up come fourth quarter and no way back for those white supremacist, meth head, tatt legged carnts.

1 Like

Yep, our skills under pressure have let us down in the past.

We have far better kicks in our side now than I can remember for some time.

1 Like