ANZAC Day - speculation and argument for changes vs Pies 2019

Our weakest players last week were. Baguley, Ridley and Parish. Ham has played 1 game.
Smith and Zaharakis to come in.
Baguley out, Smith In
Ham out Zaharakis in.
Those are the easy ones.
So do we need other changes for Collingwood specific matchups, that being a lot of small forwards?

My tip is Ridley out, replaced most likely by McNiece, but maybe by Matty Dea. Basically we need more small defender coverage. Dea can play tall or small, McNiece plays small to match up on one of about 4 small Collingwood forwards and has excellent disposal.

Parish, stays in, to play against some of the Collingwood midfield depth. Surely we cannot drop him based on 2 shanked kicks.

Yes, I know, you can come at me re Ridley.

1 Like

I think Hooker will have Cox covered

2 Likes

Thats why the elizabethans invented codpieces.

Joke’s on her, she married you

10 Likes

Bringing in Greenwood means they are worried about our midfield.

Maybe

Ha ya think DINGA’S gonna train if he doesn’t have to?!

Wow

3 Likes

Yep. Just wow. Coming up against a side that’s going to try to deny us the corridor and force us into difficult kicks that result in turnovers and old mate wants to drop our best kick in the back half… interesting strategy

And was good at football…or stopping the football

Late Change: In - J Hird

AFL fine Bombers $1,000,000

10 Likes

We have 3 tall defenders ( who we are not going to drop), they have 2 tall forwards. We might be a bit tall down back. But you could put an argument up to say we need 2 tall defenders to deal with the Cox threat.

Collingwood are a special case. They have so many small forward options.

Second best kick… Redman has him covered.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ham and Parish out for Smith and Zaka.

I think they only drop Bags if they want to put Lav in.

I like Parish but it wasn’t just 2 shanked kicks. He had 4 clangers and 62.5% efficiency.

Lets think about defending first. We have enough good kicks coming back from the midfield in addition to Saad and McKenna.

Nuf said, I will wait for the teams tonight. Then examine the selections in the context of tomorrows game as it plays out.

I got myself a seat in the active area. Should be fun!

Stop De Goey by putting him through the fence, It’s been a while since we had a player cop a suspension that’s worthy of the cause.

■■■■ him.

2 Likes

Parish stands up in big games. we need him
Laverde was on limited minutes last week, so will get a full game this week in the VFL I believe.

Hearing Devon missed training.
Think he will still play.

Outs IMO
1 - Baguley
2 - Guelfi

If we can expose Pies its with our pace and run, Ham has both of these assets, so he stays in.
If Smith misses Guelfi stays in.

To be honest wasn’t a lot of training going on anywhere.

Captains Run is just an opportunity for the players to get together and stretch the legs a bit.

There was a lot of laughing and joking around going on.

1 Like

Laverde was training with the VFL squad today.

He definitely won’t be playing.

I suppose Greenwood in means Collingwood rate our mids a bit.

Irish was at the club yesterday, looked fine to me

1 Like