ANZAC Day - speculation and argument for changes vs Pies 2019

If we have a counter plan to Collingwood blocking the outlets, our midfield wins.

1 Like

Guelfi was great last week. I canā€™t see them dropping him and keeping Ham. The only reason i said iā€™d be surprised if they drop Bags for anybody other than Lav is because it would require a little re-shuffle and the team looks pretty settled.

1 Like

In Crowā€™s injury report, there was discussion about Zaka & Zac as late outs from last week. Plus a whole lot of others. But not a word about Dev. Whatā€™s going on?

Yeah, they do next to nothing

1 Like

He was rested because he has sore knees. No actual injury. Just being managed. Ongoing knee issues.

I think Adams is in doubt and Greenwood is next in line.

Aish through concussion is the out I think.

1 Like

For mine - Parish didnā€™t have a great game - but he did have great effort. And heā€™s come back from a learning period into the side. I feel he needs to be given an extended run - another 5 games, say, before you send him back.

2 Likes

We might bring in langford - to help both the forward line and midfield ā€¦wouldnt surprise me if the ins and outs were:

In: Smith | Zaharakis | Langford

Out: Baguley | Parish | Ham

Will give us more midfield power and donā€™t lose anything up forward

1 Like

So why didnā€™t Crow just take 5 seconds to say: ā€œDevā€™s had a week to freshen up just as we planned, and heā€™ll be available for selection this week.ā€

1 Like

If we drop Guelfi, Iā€™m done.
Iā€™m going to hitch up with Mr Heffsgirl.

1 Like

Collingwood have had a settled side.
They have only played 24 players this year.

we have played 29.

Collingwood have had 18 play every game
and 21 play at least 4
we have had 13 play every game and 20 at least 4 games.

1 Like

thats only if Langers can be bothered getting out of bed

I wouldnt have had Guelfi in the top 10 for us last week.
He is a chance to be dropped.
Coaches like mature bodies so he probably gets the nod ahead of Ham.

I would play him ahead of Baguley

An oldie but a goody! Go Bombers tomorrow. Itā€™s time we won on Anzac Day and itā€™s time we showed our true colours.

1 Like

I see what you did there.

1 Like

Yep, first training session I have been to this year and I wish I didnā€™t.

You donā€™t rate him as a mid? Thatā€™s where Iā€™ve seen his best work, to be honest. A bit flakey with a set-shot. Super-tough in/mainly out mid. Zaka replacement.

Guelfi is ok, but I have Smith and zaka ahead of him.
Guelfi is better in midfield and pushing back into defence.

I dont rate Guelfi as a defender. Ridley/Redman well ahead.
Forward I havent seen that much of him.

And if like for like replacement then Guelfi, ham out for Zaka/Smith.
I still rate Parish ahead of Guelfi as a mid.
just off that 1 mark up forward, think Ham might go ok with his speed down there, plus give relief to the midfield with this big tankā€¦

Yeah itā€™s not a knock on Parish. Was just pointing out he wasnā€™t up to his usual standard. I donā€™t like dropping guys after one or two bad games either. Tough decisions because Zaka and Smith have to be put in. Itā€™s going to be Ham and somebody. Guelfi, Bags or Parish seem most likely.