ANZAC Day - speculation and argument for changes vs Pies 2019

Should have dropped Myers and kept Parish.
Hes faster with quicker hands.
This will hurt us.

1 Like

Now weā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

We have generally struggled when teams try and stop us. We are at our best when teams try and attack us

except for those times when they got it right but were asked by others to think it over and change it

Very true. What tactic will Collingwood take against us today? Iā€™m guessing a bit of both.

Zaka and Smith fresh legs

I want smith in the midfield, out forwardline doesnā€™t have an issue with Fantasia and Tippa in there also Stringer. Daniher hopefully can at least contest and bring the ball to a contest.

Smith, Merrett, Shiel and Heppell I want this!!

With Zaka and McKenna running along side

1 Like

Agreed

However in this clash we do need big bodies

I hope Myers pulls out one of his blinders and plays well even kicking a goal or two from outside 50

I said it earlier post this is his game

He loves the centre stage.

Needs to lift his tackling pressure in the forwardline though.

Plus I hope Worsfold uses him and his peak fitness in the midfield at times

Theyā€™ll choke us early and wait for our turnover(s).

Then as we fall behind, we attack more and they smash us again on the turnovers (poor kicking or running into trouble as we try to get moving but they have clogged up the middle)

Collingwood play a really wide zone and I dont think we have the skill to pick it apart like Hawthorn used to.

A wonderful opportunity to test ourselves against one of the best sides in the competition on a huge stage. Letā€™s face it, we have embarrassed ourselves on Anzac Day for a very long time and today gives us a great chance to win four in a row and announce to the competition that we are fair dinkum. The pies are very good, led by an excellent midfield and flexible and dangerous forward line. Interestingly they have charted a similar path to us in terms game style. Having initially looked to defend the ground and keep possession and looking quite dysfunctional and alternatively moving the ball quickly, play instinctively which has looked very good. They have shown the ability to mix it up within games which I think we will see today from them.
Alternatively we know one way and we will attack, attack, attack. The midfield battle will be huge but with Shiel, Heppell, Merrett, Smith, Zaharakis, Myers and the supporting crew I think we can match them. I think we also match there forwards well and have an advantage over their defenders. If we win today big Tommy Bell needs a huge game, he needs to bash and crash Grundy at every opportunity, he generally gets himself up for the big challenges. I want this win more than any Home and Away game this year, I think we are ready to go. Letā€™s pump these areswholes.

7 Likes

We donā€™t have another ā€œbig bodied midā€ to do the bollocking, blocking, hard yakka work. When David isnā€™t playing, itā€™s left up to Heppell and that isnā€™t the ideal scenario for us.
Until a better option becomes available Myers plays

1 Like

Langford was supposedly meant to be that player but isnā€™t up to it yet. Really fallen away from last year. Will he make the midfield now I donā€™t think so. HFF perhaps

1 Like

Anyone see training this week? Is tippa right to go? :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

Heā€™ll be right to go only a mild corky which he played out and iced straight away

What I want to see is the fighting spirit that the day is all about.

For to long Essendon has just rocked up for the day only to get smashed by a team that wanted it more

Today I want the boys to fight like its their grand finalā€¦leave nothing behind

Go Bombers and ā– ā– ā– ā–  the Pies

3 Likes

I think youā€™ll see that for the remainder of the season now. We are now playing like the second half of last year

Head to the confirmed team thread.