Are we cursed?

We were four goals up on the reigning premiers in round one of 2010 - heading into time on in the third quarter Neagle takes a good mark on Harry Taylor after a great kick from Howlett in his first game. He inexplicably plays on from 30 out dead in front, gets run down and we proceed to lose the game by 31 points.

2 Likes

The saga was our fault as was recruitment and list management. So no we aren’t cursed. The club just isn’t very good at its job.

2 Likes

I had a mate outside who didn’t get in until qrt time. Watched the qrt by myself. Loved it

Leadership always starts at the top is what I’ve always been told, oh how I miss the late Graeme McMahon.

I am serious when I say this, I am wondering if the HANGER is built on negative energetic lay lines. Yes there is such a thing and it is not some weirdo theory.
The Chinese and Asian societies have been using it for thousands of years.

I have a friend who practices Feng Shui and is employed to clear buildings etc of any negative vibes all over Melbourne and all over Victoria. She has been doing it for about thirty years.

I reckon we should talk to someone at the club to get her out to the EFC to check the place over inside/outside. Sometimes, she places copper rods into the ground where negative lay lines cross. All I can say without going into all the specifics, it works.

3 Likes

Been holding on to that one for a while Wim? :laughing:

2 Likes

We’ve been poorly managed. Started with Jackson.

It’s funny what you remember. I was sitting in a bar in Koh Tao watching that game with Mrs. K. who is a Cats supporter and I was filthy. It was a very quiet walk back to the hotel.

1 Like

I agree, I’m blaming it all on an historical bad lay and some ill fitting thong shoe.

2 Likes
1 Like

I understand the following statement means 3/5ths of FA to those who can barely remember 2000, and we’re too young in '93…

For all the bad luck we’ve had over the journey.
i.e. Coleman being suspended thus costing us a Flag, Coleman doing his knee in his 6th season and never playing again, a collection of champion players inexplicably doing their knees at a point when they are at elite level in the competition (N.Daniher, Watson, Long), all the heart breaking 1 point losses in knock out Finals (86 Elim, 96 Prelim, 99 Prelim), the Saga etc…

For all that, we still sit equal on top of the Premiership table, and if you count the VFA Flags pre 1897 {which we should}, we’re on the top of the mountain with 20.

I’m going glass half full on this one.
Come at me millenials :ghost:

9 Likes

Worst example of umpire cheating I’ve ever seen. Somehow Matthew Nicholls found something like 10 frees for GC, by himself, despite the fact we took almost every mark and won almost every contest.

1 Like

It’s actually the first time I’ve thought about it in a looooong time, and it was only trying to find moments of hubris in that timeframe that made me think of it at all.

Missing that quarter made me cross.
It’s something I’ll never have the opportunity to see anything of the like again.

But my level of crossness was NOTHING, compared to the club saying it didn’t happen.

1 Like

I think maybe, you ought to do some research instead of mouthing off about a subject or something you obviously know very little about.

Oooooh, you were going so well until you mentioned people who have only seen pain from this club in their lifetime.

IMG_4242

COVID-19 is all about Essendon missing a game on Sunday and the impact missing this game has on our long suffering supporters.

1 Like

A melt down because a bloke got a virus

This isn’t a meltdown, it’s slightly dark little imaginative diversion.
I’m not taking it seriously and you guys aren’t under any compulsion to, either.
Too early in the day to get your nose out of joint over nothing.

6 Likes

It’s time to get this guy in

2 Likes