Assistant Coaches

Dan Jordan in my opinion will take pauls role

1 Like

Hodge doesnā€™t play for Essendon, and heā€™s a hard man, ergo, for most Essendon supporters heā€™s a dirty player, especially when one of ours comes off second best.

I think most objective observers would say that if you consider Hodge dirty, then youā€™d have to say the same about Matthew Lloyd. Not to mention Dean Wallis. And quite a few others.

Please wait until Iā€™ve closed the lid of my bunker before replying.

Hodge is a dirty player who has avoided serious suspension time due to his place as a premiership captain.
That Iā€™m an Essendon supporter has nothing to do with it. Iā€™m not comparing him to other players, because they werenā€™t the subject.

1 Like

Hodge should be viewed as having a very similar onfield record to Adam Goodes and yet they are not.

1 Like

I disagree. Goodes was much more obvious with his dirty play

1 Like

5 Likes

He played the Hawthorn way. They were good at it. I hate that club oooohhhh so much.

Who doesnā€™t want to see that happen to Whinegard?

1 Like

And they win a premiership on average every four years going back to 1961.

That aside heā€™s an ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  who made people think twice and one of the main reasons Brisbane are killing it. He stood up when it mattered. Heā€™s a vicious brutal son of a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  who wants to win stuff and seems reasonably tactically astute. His finger pointing seemed to carry some merit unlike other premiership captains around that era.

Heā€™s actually pretty much an up skilled version of sheeds but that has nothing to do with anything. Just realised the comparison.

Iā€™d seriously push Mitchell into oncoming traffic but if you could get hodge here Iā€™d go ape.

Yes I like hodge.

3 Likes

Hodge is much easier to like with a Lions guernsey on. thats for sureā€¦

3 Likes

Indeed. They have been very successful.

1 Like

In the last 50 years, I.e., since 1969, weā€™ve won 4 premierships, Richmond 5 and FC 7. Hawthorn have won 12, with Hodge as captain in 3 of them.

They know how to do something right. Thatā€™s another reason why I would love him at Essendon.

1 Like

I doubt Hodge could ever be convinced to come to Essendon but money speaks all languages.
I think he will do his apprenticeship at the Brisbane Lions and then go back to Victoria and coach Hawthorn.

Although, he was doing an interview about a week ago and said the whole family really liked living in Brisbane, especially the weather.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he does the apprenticeship at the Lions for 4-5 years and then takes over the suns on a massive AFL backer deal.

1 Like

Coach us

May have meant when he was recruited.

1 Like

Nah, I canā€™t agree with this. Itā€™s the organisational brain of these types - Maxwell, Hodge, and I know heā€™s not interested but BJ would be another - that lends them to the coaching.
Theyā€™re seeing the game from a team point of view.

So any word on why Harding and Corrigan are leaving? Are they leaving for better opportunity or do we have better people lined up to replace them? Always thought Woosha rated Harding very highly so surprised to see him leaving.

So you are agreeing with me.

2 Likes