Assistant Coaches

“Free kick, Hawthorn” would never happen at Essendon.

So Caracella’s on the move from Richmond.

[Blake Caracella is expected to move to a new club ahead of the 2020 season](http://Blake Caracella is expected to move to a new club ahead of the 2020 season)

SENIOR-coach-in-waiting Blake Caracella will complete this season at Richmond before moving on from Tigerland.

AFL.com.au understands Caracella, who is the club’s offensive coach, and the Tigers have agreed to an amicable parting of ways.

He re-signed for two seasons in October last year, after joining Richmond ahead of the 2017 season then performing a pivotal role in the club ending its 37-year premiership drought.

Caracella played 187 games for Essendon, Brisbane and Collingwood, including being part of the Bombers’ 2000 premiership and the Lions’ 2003 flag.

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick was a teammate of his in that Essendon side.

Caracella has since become a highly rated assistant coach at three clubs across 13 years and is regularly discussed as someone in the mix to be an AFL senior coach one day.

BARRETT Rance still hell-bent on finals return

There are two openings at the Bombers, with AFL.com.au reporting in July that opposition strategy coach Rob Harding and forwards coach Paul Corrigan were pursuing other opportunities.

Part of Harding’s current role includes ball movement, an area Caracella has excelled in at Richmond.

The 42-year-old previously worked at Geelong from 2010 to 2016, including the Cats’ 2011 premiership, and Collingwood between 2007 and 2009.

THE RUN HOME Who’ll play off for September glory?

He has worked alongside the Tigers’ football boss Neil Balme at all three of his coaching stops, after Balme also recruited him to the Magpies as a player for the 2005 season.

Caracella was also accepted into the AFL’s exclusive Level Four coaching course in 2015, alongside the likes of Simon Goodwin, Stuart Dew and Brendon Bolton.

7 Likes

Wait it’s actually happening?? I thought Caracella to Essendon was just a Blitz meme

Now we just need to replace Woosh with Dimma and Dan Richardson’s job is done.

3 Likes

time for a succession plan

and interesting that the article directly refers to us as the potential landing, let’s hope it is real.

5 Likes

As soon as I saw the article I prepared myself for the Blitz meltdown.

2 Likes

Not written by McClure, Browne, Ralph, Barrett, McGowan?

Considering it also points out we have moved on our Forward coach and our strategy and ball movement guy it would make it seem rather obvious.

3 Likes

giphy

11 Likes

It’s time.

Possibly going to take over a line and be next Coach in waiting.

5 Likes

Offensive guru :white_check_mark:

Now for a tackling coach and a skills coach.

1 Like

Momentum

Brendan McCartney also done at the Demons

Melbourne also need a forward coach. Panic?

If Blakes moving on for a “new challenge” he might be close to securing a head coach role…

He will be coming back to Essendon!

2 Likes

Fixed

2 Likes

Fixed

Has he got the blues gig?