At the movies

You are all wrong when it comes to Arnie movies.

Can’t believe it hasn’t been mentioned yet, but the correct answer to his best work is…Conan the Barbarian & Destroyer. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Raw Deal!!!

Just watched the founder.
Sounds like a bit of a prick.

The Meg was fun.
I felt like there were missed opportunities with score and cinematography.
Just a few moments of silence, a few seconds spent establishing the isolation of their marine base, both outside and inside, could have really lifted it.
But at the end of the day it’s an action film about a great big shark, and it succeeds on that level.
It has some good humour and some nice dialogue.

Could have done with an actual villain, I guess.

2 Likes

What, like the shark
Ohh how do you do that spoiler thing

No, like the Mayor or Burke.

End Of Days. I really liked that one for some reason. I think it’s the only movie Arnie dies in too.

2 Likes

Yeah everyone else seemed to hate it but I loved it.
Gabriel Barnes was barely raising a sweat but was still good as sates

1 Like

No ones mentioned raw deal either.

There was a ■■■■ one with him and Stallone in prison. Should have stayed there as punishment

I disagree. He seems to have been a complete prick.

1 Like

Anyone seen Logan Lucky?

High 90’s on RT & other Critic sites, but I found it a tad Meh myself, …

Just seemed to lack something, and was kinda disjointed, leaving me unable to fully engage with it.

1 Like

As prickish as Zuckerberg?

Saw Mortal Engines yesterday as a hangover, nothing else on, chancer. I like big machines and flying things and plucky heroines as much as anyone but it’s just one more piece of nonsense that appears to have been written and edited by idiot children. Not the smart kids who like stuff to make sense and have at least the semblance of integrity, but the dumb ones who just want the leads to kiss and fly off, literally, into the sunset. It’s the adults letting them write and edit these films who are most at fault.

Actually no, it’s my fault as a grown man for paying money to watch a young adult novel adapted to the big screen. Shame on me and off the black skivvy thread.

2 Likes

Did they come out 29 Days Later?

Don’t like Maggie?

Will Terminator 6 be a good movie?

It’s a tough one, but I would say Zuckerman wins that particular contest. Kroc sold hamburgers. Zuckerberg sells people.

Both of them were able to completely shaft the people who had the original good ideas.

Kroc with refusing to pay the McDonald brothers, and Zuckerberg with first the Winklebrot twins and then shafting another early partner with sneaky legal methods.

The twins and the others are all now billionaires, not too much sympathy needed.

I didn’t see Zuckerberg as a prick after it, but it cemented the actors reputation