At the movies

I just watched Sharknado.

Wtf? Could not stop laughing at the end.

Saw Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, the latest documentary from Alex Gibney.

This was a really interesting doco based on the book by Lawrence Wright, focussing on how scientology attracts and controls its followers. It is a fascinating documentary fo anyone who has an interest in scientology or belief systems/religions generally. To hear 8 prominent ex-scientologists talk about their experiences, what they did before they left the movement and then try to rationalise or explain that behaviour is fascinating (and emotional at times) viewing.

Highly recommended.

Do they show any of that clip of Tom Cruise that was on YouTube a few years ago and has since been taken down? I can remember watching the whole thing with a mixture of fascination and horror.

Angry Birds about 1000x better than I expected going in. Actual LOL’s.

1 Like
Chose 50 Shades of Grey. My god it was the most boring movie. The bloke who played Grey had no personality or chemistry with the female lead. I reckon they should have persuaded that guy who played Jamie Lannister in GoT.

The movie had no plot and I dont know how they will build on it

my wife hired it and thought it was really good. She had read the books etc. so she told me to watch it which i did,
My Review - yeh pretty boring. fast forwarded some of it, incl sex scenes.
Hes messed up with issues she just wants to be with him so will go thru pain etc for that to be with him.
it was just really odd, didnt flow, didnt really have an ending, dont think there will be as much fanfare for the next one in the series.
its not good as a “romantic comedy” and not very good as a ■■■■■.
i have no intention of watching the sequel.

You are male.

Finally watched Dallas Buyers Club on Netflix - thought was pretty good, had low expectations. Mcconaughey put in a good performance.
never thought i would be that intereted in a movie about aids/ rodeos / gay america. The fight against FDA was good, and mccaunghey going to mexico to get the drugs reminded me of dank getting unapproved drugs from foreign locations.

Chose 50 Shades of Grey. My god it was the most boring movie. The bloke who played Grey had no personality or chemistry with the female lead. I reckon they should have persuaded that guy who played Jamie Lannister in GoT.

The movie had no plot and I dont know how they will build on it

my wife hired it and thought it was really good. She had read the books etc. so she told me to watch it which i did,
My Review - yeh pretty boring. fast forwarded some of it, incl sex scenes.
Hes messed up with issues she just wants to be with him so will go thru pain etc for that to be with him.
it was just really odd, didnt flow, didnt really have an ending, dont think there will be as much fanfare for the next one in the series.
its not good as a “romantic comedy” and not very good as a ■■■■■.
i have no intention of watching the sequel.

Saw Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, the latest documentary from Alex Gibney.

This was a really interesting doco based on the book by Lawrence Wright, focussing on how scientology attracts and controls its followers. It is a fascinating documentary fo anyone who has an interest in scientology or belief systems/religions generally. To hear 8 prominent ex-scientologists talk about their experiences, what they did before they left the movement and then try to rationalise or explain that behaviour is fascinating (and emotional at times) viewing.

Highly recommended.

Do they show any of that clip of Tom Cruise that was on YouTube a few years ago and has since been taken down? I can remember watching the whole thing with a mixture of fascination and horror.

Minions. Kids loved it. I laughed too.

Just saw it. Amazing, and there were actually very few children in the cinema :stuck_out_tongue:

World's End was great.

World's End was great.

The first three quarters were great. 

Wow, really? I thought the finish was hilarious.

Wow, really? I thought the finish was hilarious.

worst movie i have seen all year. I just didn't find it funn and the ending was just stupid. Seth Rogens end of world film was way better.

Saw District 9 again.  It was on one of the pretend channels recently and I recorded it.

Love it.  I think it's about my sixth viewing and still love it.

worst movie i have seen all year. I just didn't find it funn and the ending was just stupid. Seth Rogens end of world film was way better.

Did you like Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead? There's a good chance this movie just wasn't for you.

Did you like Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead? There's a good chance this movie just wasn't for you.

Hot Fuzz is one of the greats, tremendous.

Now You See It looks like it will be good.

i enjoyed Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the dead didn't do anything for me. Maybe i just didn't get there style of comedy.

Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the dead are ten times better than the worlds end...some funny bits but overall I thought it was pretty crap

I watched The Call last night. I was really scared at first but then I just thought it was dumb. Do not recommend, you’ve seen things like this before.

Knowing my experience with SotD and HF, World's End will get better on repeat viewings.

A friend of mine who has the absolute polar opposite of my movie tastes reckons Now You See Me was rubbish. So I'm going to go see it tomorrow night!