Australian Open 2016

Every single point that Murray loses is an unforced error.

Have to admire the Scot atm.

I wonder where NOVAK will end his career on the GS list, currently on 10 about to gobble up 11, which will make him 6 behind Roger. Wonder if he can chase down Roger and become the best of all time (like I think he is) ?

To an extent you make your own luck, but that said Murray has been unfortunate tonight.

Beats himself, … by beating himself …

Shat the bed …

Great to see the bell end flogged again

Predictable result, but i thought Murray played close to his max. Just didnt with the key points in close games when it mattered, that fault on break point rattled him. Surprised how hard he fought back in the third set thought he would have just rolled over, glad he at least fought his way to a tie breaker.
Novaks very good. He just does everything well, hits great balls from everywhere, People need to get over their love for Federer and realise that Djokovich is the number 1 man in the game and plays the highest quality tennis. How good can he be…well when Federer was at the top there was always a couple of youngster after Hewitt/Roddick era, with Nadal and then Djokovich…Who out of the top 20 will challenge. The biggest worry for Djokoich at the moment is injury - the Joker (4 grand slams + Olympic gold) is there for the taking in 2016.

Djokovic is 28
Murray is 28

Players in top 20, 25 years or younger
14 Raonic 25
16 David Goffin 25
17 Bernard Tomic 23
20 Dominic Thiem 22

Aussie Young guns
30 Nick Kyrgios 20
86 Kokkinakas 19

Nadal Won first grand slam at 19 - French Open 20
Novak won first grand slan - Aus open

Love the Joker, does so much for the image of the game on and off the court. Very interesting to read about how he change his diet (remember when the media use to go to town on his injury time outs etc) well he has fixed that and is now the supreme athlete.

I think the tennis circuit is there for the taking, can’t see Nadal winning another one and Feds last real chance is Wimbledon this year. Then it is a bit of a holding pattern waiting for the next crop to challenge (nothing is springing out like a 17 year old Nadal, Hewitt, 18 year old Joker) all the younger generation have been top 20 for a couple of years now.

Such a mental game and he has that in spades now

Think he will finish up no1 in GS list, which is unbelievable if you watched him in 2010.

You feel for Murray.

How he held it together for so long was amazing, what with a baby due to arrive and then his father-in-law collapsing during the Open. His mental strength to deal with both of those and still perform extremely well was incredible, but, it told against him in the end.

Whoever said they can’t see Nadal winning another one should get their eyes checked.

Everyone said Federer would win everything for ever but things started to change around 28. What’s Nadal, 29?, Murray, 28? If you look back you will see that things get difficult at around the age of 28. The Serb isn’t going to fall off a cliff but history suggests this current streak of form is closer to ending rather than just starting.

You feel for Murray.

How he held it together for so long was amazing, what with a baby due to arrive and then his father-in-law collapsing during the Open. His mental strength to deal with both of those and still perform extremely well was incredible, but, it told against him in the end.

Speak for yourself.
Whoever said they can't see Nadal winning another one should get their eyes checked.

So you think he can still win the French? Surely is cooked on the other surfaces.

Whoever said they can't see Nadal winning another one should get their eyes checked.

So you think he can still win the French? Surely is cooked on the other surfaces.

You bet he can. He’s got 12 weeks or so to tune up.
Everyone said Federer would win everything for ever but things started to change around 28. What's Nadal, 29?, Murray, 28? If you look back you will see that things get difficult at around the age of 28. The Serb isn't going to fall off a cliff but history suggests this current streak of form is closer to ending rather than just starting.

I agree. He won’t break the record. There are enough players on the circuit with the firepower to cause an upset and have a great 2 weeks and win a grand slam. My prediction is he’ll end up with maybe 15.

Barring injury Novak will smash the record. Very real chance of a slam this year with Rafa looking cooked

Jokers aim is to win French Open. The pressure will mount.

Fed’s torn his meniscus. out of the next 2 tournaments.

So have I. I’m out of the the next 3.