Australian Open 2016

Anybody here follow the Tennis?
I dropped a 50 on Kyrgios @ $41 to take out the Grand Slam.
It could happen :wink:

a question for tennis fans. Is Stosur actually any good?

Yes. But mentally fragile IMO.

Djokovic is a certainty for the Men’s title unless he runs into Wawrinka.

Women’s title is up for grabs - Could be a case of best draw and least injured player.

Djokovic is a certainty for the Men's title unless he runs into Wawrinka.

Women’s title is up for grabs - Could be a case of best draw and least injured player.

This.

It seems the women are falling over at a rapid rate this time around.

built like tarzan…

Djokovic is a certainty for the Men's title unless he runs into Wawrinka.

Djokovic for mine is overwhelming favourite. IMO (and as much as it pains me) Undie is probably the biggest threat to him. He’s been in great form at the back end of the year.

She’s so big.

She’s too slow on any surface other than clay these days. And a mental fruitcake when the heat goes on.

I wonder who will be the big improver at this year’s Open? Each one seems to throw up a wild-card - someone who has made big gains over the break. Raonic?

Does anyone know what pop-up shops are at the Open?
Need to know if LMW needs more spending money.

The grounds map has a list: http://www.tennis.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/AO2016-Map-Grounds.pdf

Thanks, DFE.
The Jurlique Day Spa may get some attention.

If you were Hewitt … would you juice up heading into your last home tournament, & last tournament ever??

(maybe if he wasn’t heading for Davis Cup duties)

Did a Novak into Azarenka bet as soon as Williams withdrew from Hopman cup.
Still expect her to win though if fit. But so many players appear to be either going very precautionary or will be carrying in a niggle or 3.
Would love to see Fed win the men’s but someone would have to defeat Novak for him. As someone said above, Stan probably the only one

Did a Novak into Azarenka bet as soon as Williams withdrew from Hopman cup.

Sounds like Novak knows his way around the womens’ field!

Hahaha

I don’t think I ever get tired of drinking Diggers’ tears each year when Novak wins a 6th Aus title.

And underway in hot and windy conditions.

According to the BBC, 16 players have been identified by something called the Tennis Integrity Unit as being suspected of throwing matches. The group includes grand slam winners (plural), and 8 of the 16 are playing in the Australian Open.

It’ll be interesting to see whether any funny results crop up this year. It’s hard to imagine any of the top four men throwing any major match, considering how hard they compete. In fact it’s hard to imagine them throwing any match at all. There are no details given, and it’s not stated whether there has been any spot fixing as in cricket, eg by serving two double faults in a row or successive unforced errors or God knows what.

The nationalities of the suspected players are not mentioned. The only specific is a match between Davydenko and Aguellero(?) some time ago.

I’m so surprised.