Australian Politics -- and YOU WILL LIKE IT

Twenty dollars to be called the Big Red Note?

1 Like

Need to change the constitution first. In no way is it a people constitution.

Eh, buggerlugs. I have never “gone after the people who are trying to harm Scott Morrison.” If I excoriate the Labor lot and their insufficient leader, it’s because they AREN’T trying to harm Scott Morrison. All most of them can see is the prize of public office for themselves. If they get it, it won’t harm Scott Morrison unless they go after him and his gang of thugs and destroy them utterly afterwards — which I don’t believe they have the stomach to do.

4 Likes

It’s a pretty big anti anti vax rant. I mean I guess it’s been the experience in Melbourne, but I would have thought if anything the anti vax movement comes from the other side of politics on the more extreme ends.

Particularly considering the locations of poor vax rates in NSW and the locations where it was at its highest.

And for a US view, I’ve heard as many anti trump people refuse to take a “trump vaccine” as they are hard core against anything a democrat tells me to do….

Perhaps it’s different on masks. I thought at peak mask though it became so onerous leaving the house. I can see many hating that. No matter what your political persuasion.

But yeah back on his main point, the LNP are a bunch of dangerous ■■■■■■■■■. It’s what you get though from a government that’s overstayed it’s welcome. Happens every time from both sides of politics.

I’m hoping for a route(sp?) at the next election and some soul searching with a big clean out on their side.

Rout

I for one welcome our new dark overlord

1 Like

Fark Dutton and Fark Carlton

2 Likes

Thats the face of a man who would definitely shirtfront putin.

This ‘anti-Trump-vaccine’ attitude is so rare that it is surely a myth. Basically everyone I know here votes Democrat and is most definitely anti-Trump, and I have never heard this view expressed. Maybe there was some initial skepticism about the rushed approval process, which was largely in response to Trump’s reckless and highly politicised response to covid in general, but that particular view entirely dissipated once the vaccine became available. People were sick of the isolation and anxiety and were in a hurry to get it. I’d say most people I know received the Pfizer vaccine, with Moderna a close second.

The idea that this attitude is as prevalent as anti-vaccine attitudes among Republicans is, frankly, laughable. Just look at how vaccination rates differ between supporters of the two parties.

Anyway, wrong thread.

4 Likes

And so it begins…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Disunited Kingdom, Post Brexit

This is the Australian Politics thread…

1 Like

@StabbytheRabbit you should post this in the Disunited Kingdom, Post Brexit thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Are they the views of anti vaxxers though Kozza or the wider population?

Because the wider population is not anti vax.

Being anti vaccination would be a fairly new right wing conservative view point I would imagine if broadly true.

I would concede though perhaps there being a much more partisan reaction to masks given the GOP and the rights position on personal freedom. (And Trump made such a song and dance about not wearing them).

Trump as the poster boy is pretty damn proud of “his” vaccines isn’t he?

Plenty of left-leaning AVs, it isn’t limited to right-wing.

That’s what I mean. I don’t get the original articles rant that the face of the anti vax movement is the “proud boy” right wing poisoned male persona spoke of.

I mean I can imagine them being very visible in any protest and perhaps they were the heart beat of the Melbourne experience.

Agreed, historically there’s been plenty of lefty anti-vaxxers hailing from the natural-is-good and anti-big-pharma viewpoints. Though i think there’s plenty of specifically anti-covid-vaxxers who hail predominately from the right who’ve come along quite recently.

1 Like

A lot yeah, sadly.

they send their kids to small private schools in brunswick or live in byron bay