Australian Politics, Mark II

Farking sand ■■■■■■■.
HTF did they get in the bible?

2 Likes

Political correctness gone mad.

2 Likes

I think the biggest most not talked about point in this topic, and kudos to @IceTemple for actually bringing it up.

For devote christians, they don’t act with Christian ethics at all

1 Like

How to be a horrible, greedy sociopath with the blessing of god. You can’t lose!

For a country where it’s almost compulsory for sportsmen to take a knee, thank Jesus for their success and atheism is pilloried, the US doesn’t believe in the practice of Christianity.

I always love it when the white Baptists in a town in the Deep South pray to their hearts’ contents, as do the black Baptists on the other side of the street, do their gospel singing and clap away happily. Then service finishes and the whites don the white sheets and start lynching the blacks. Christian, indeed!

It is called the Prosperity Gospel and was “created” by those huge mega-churches in the US. People like Joyce Meyer, Benny Hinn, Joel Osteen, etc. It is catchy and promises much. Hillsong and other Pentecostal or charismatic churches also follow it.

Of course the only people who actually get wealthy are the ministers and their family and close friends who take all the money given to them. They get the money from their followers based on the premise they will receive 100 fold of what they give. They get that idea from something Jesus said…but they took it way, way out of context.

1 Like

That’s interesting. Do they also believe that conversely if you’re poor, that is God’s will too?

No, they believe you are poor or have health issues because you lack faith.

It disgusts me enormously.

7 Likes

Vile.
Its like a pyramid scheme.

You should look up people like Creflo Dollar (great name right?), he is one of the huge ones currently teaching it.

Then you have players like Kenneth Copeland, been around for years. One of the earliest and biggest was a guy called Oral Roberts.

That is a perverse way of thinking.

So follow their way and you will see God’s favour, don’t and you deserve all the misfortune you get.

And how do they explain when bad things happen to ‘their’ good people? Like to those unfortunates who were violated by Frank Houston or ripped off by the Bakers?

Generally they say nothing about their fallen heros. If you ignore them it doesn’t affect you. They are so wealthy that they tend to buy off any negative press or issues.

As for saying why bad things happen, again it comes down to the person not having enough faith. If they had actually really trusted God then nothing bad would have happened to them. The fact something bad did, shows they lacked faith.

This is one of their favourite verses:

Malachi 3:10
Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.

Peter Dutton is into this ideology too? I take it him failing to gain the leadership of the LNP twice within a week and now now allegations of nepotism gaining momentum are examples of how God deals with those who don’t display the desirable levels of commitment?

If you believed harder then you would be PM by now and the serfs wouldn’t be questioning your decision making and apparent double standards.

Well then. They can’t lose…

It’s depressing that seemingly intelligent people buy into this so enthusiastically.

If you understand the Prosperity Gospel you will understand why ScoMo holds to some of his actions on refugees.

Money, it is always money and power.

When the church took over power of Rome it then descended into farce, because to become the leader you had to become the Pope. In order to be Pope you had to become a priest. So you played the game and rose to the top and because of how the church had become in those days, faith was irrelevant, power and money is what mattered.

The PG is much the same, it is about power and wealth.

1 Like

We frown upon those places where religious ideology has too much or is the major influence on policy decisions but it happens right here as well.

Who was that bloke who said that the meek shall inherit the earth.

Got that bit very wrong.

Actually he didn’t, he was talking about a different time.

1 Like

Definitely. Destitute and Muslim. Two things explain each other and no farks are given. Wow. That’s truly awful.

1 Like