Australian Politics, Mark II

I think he believes it’s “Man of the People” type rhetoric.

1 Like

There’s some serious image grooming going on. Likely he’d never heard of the word until his staff told him to use because it might win over certain age demographics.

3 Likes

He purports to be a boy of the Shire, but lived most of his life in Bronte, a bit further north. And , after not getting preselection, spread a raft of stories about Towe proved to be without any basis in fact, but which got Towe’s pre-selection overturned.
He’s presenting himself as blokey in contrast to silver tail Turnbull. Just an ordinary bloke with a mortgage, but how many ordinary blokes are on $500k a year?
He was quite threatening in his recent comments on the ABC and is as much an attack dog as Abbott and Dutton.

5 Likes

I never really get the love for a faster train to and Ballarat. Bracks promised to make it less than 60 minutes, and it was done but it screwed up the rest of the schedules so now it is 75 minutes.

Does 15 minutes make that much difference to your life ?

I would rather more carriages or more trains so you get a farking seat, Stations that have more accessible parking, and comfortable amenities to wait. And continue to fix rail crossings all over the place.

And AN, we got our free Seniors rail tickets in the mail this week, so Mrs Fox and I are going to take a rail trip to Warrnambool, just because we can.

4 Likes

Well, 15 minutes each way is an extra 30 mins per day commuting, which is 2.5 hours per week and 120 hours per 48-week working year. So that’s an extra 5 days commuting per year.

So yes. It farking well matters.

PS. Truth is, Victoria needs both higher speed rail from regional centres and a city suburban loop.

2 Likes

I would rather spend an extra 15 minutes than have to stand on a train for 75 minutes.

1 Like

I’ve still got three to use in the next 3 months. But yes, mine arrived a few weeks ago.

I agree about the speed bit…as long as you can park, and get a seat.

They’re currently doing work at Warrnambool and some parking has disappeared while they build new stuff…but street parking is free near the station.

Deputy PM just did a very good stand up comic routine at a conference dinner I attended. Pretty much avoided anything political aside from generally agreeing with Albanese on actions re the key conference issue, but he was seriously funny.

Didn’t take him for a jokester.

Did he tell the one where a Syrian teenage boy walks into a bar?? Turns out he was surrounded by them and would be indefinitely

3 Likes

Oh there’s nothing funny about his government

You’ve gotta be a pretty solid act to follow up Barnaby.

I particularly enjoy how there’s absolutely no detail to this promise, and at no point at all would an engineer been asked if it was possible.

2 Likes

LMW has to enrol to vote in late October for the November elections.

“Which ones are the ‘everyone should pay for everyone else’ party and which one is the ‘I’m rich, why should I care about anyone else’ party?”

Lol.
'lil help?

1 Like

Tell her Labor does more for the needy, … Lib’s do more for the Greedy.

Simples.

2 Likes

I’m all about the Reason Party.

Fiona Patten for PM and Angela White minister for something

3 Likes

If the byelection was any guide, their transition from being the Sex Party has been an abject failure.

1 Like

Another great thing is that the Hun published breathlessly what a wonderful thing this $19 Billion plan is.

If it was Labor, could you imagine the venom they would have spewed about squandering $19 BILLION OF TAXPAYERS’ MONEY?!?!?#@?!

2 Likes

I would contribute to a get rid of Jones the cottager fund instantly if there was one. I would supply the burlap sack to dump him in the ocean, no worries. I would rather shake the Trump’s hand than spit on Jones. We need a Jones jihad, ASAP!

6 Likes

Isn’t he a poisonous, verminous creature?

2 Likes

Yes, he is. It’s too bad that he is a turd burglar, because I know many turd burglars that are decent people. He is in denial, publicly, except when he cruises public toilets. It is sickening how the pollies toady up to it. If his parents were alive, I am sure they would be ashamed, because surely he is an aberration and not a chip off the old block.