Australian Politics, Mark II

To be fair, this is the guy who said he was proud to represent the mining industry — rather than the Queensland people.

To be doubly fair, I’m not sure I’d be proud to represent the Queensland people.

1 Like

Nup.
It’s still up on his verified twitter account.

If Pickering or Micallef wrote something to that effect you’d actually think it was really dumb, ham-fisted, unsubtle, satire.

3 Likes

You would have to be a gold plated, a grade ■■■■ to vote for Abbott.

2 Likes

If only there weren’t so, so many of them around.

Though I suspect a lot less than last time.

Heh heh. Fry piggies. Fry.

1 Like

Kroger gone

Couldn’t happen to a nicer ■■■■.

2 Likes

Personification of what’s wrong with the Liberal Party.

As long as his Mormon acolytes don’t replace him.

1 Like

Well, well, well.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2018/08/alex-turnbull-alleges-resource-minister-coal-corruption/

Old news but I wonder how much Matt’s brother stands to make out of this.

4 Likes

Further counting in the state election.

Labors now leads in Hawthorn by 156 (90.5%). You’d think Pesutto is gone and he was one of the few viable options for opposition leader.

Labor also now ahead in Caufield, by 118 votes.

All the late postals going Labor’s way. Shows what a disaster the last week of the campaign was for the libs - the early postals were no where near as strong for labor.

Libs lead in Ripon is 70 votes - although the swing here is far smaller.

2 Likes

That’s good news for my electorate. Independent leading Nats but it was tightening on postals.

The few policies the Libs presented were major works in rural areas so it’s not surprising the rural seats swung less, whereas Andrews policies were tailored for Melbournes suburban electorates.

The Libs are up to their eye balls in personal mining investments.

It is so obvious.

3 Likes

From the kids’ march today:

21 Likes

Let’s not forget that the federal government had (and still has) the power to stop Adani also.

I am convinced that tweet is satire, no?

…my gosh the whole country is going to turn red at the next federal election

Ha! I know the kid with that sign. The family are friends of ours.

2 Likes

Poll in the Brisbane times yesterday about whether people wanted the mine or not. 90% of around 20k voted no.