Australian Politics, Mark II

So the party that has been all about nothing is going to do nothing in the lead up to the election.

Surely, if they wanted to gain any respectability, and at least mitigate the impending losses, they’d front up and offer us something, anything, to show us there’s a reason to believe.

4 Likes

I think they’re just going to leave it all up to the flaccid turkey Jones, Bolt, Murdoch and co and a few scare campaigns. It’s pretty much their only play.

They are in such a perilous position for motions of no confidence , having the opposition force through legislation and high court referrals that i understand their reluctance for sitting days.

2 Likes

fkn lol

I genuinely think Canavan doesn’t realise that teenagers get older and eventually turn 18.

Ok yep he’s definitely stupid enough to believe that

1 Like

-edit- double post

Trying to push out moderates for Craig “climate denier” Kelly shows, quite clearly, the Libral party does not understand voter sentiment. Shifting further right is not the answer, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Shh, don’t help them

4 Likes

Its like the Lib/Nats are determined to win Katter’s seat back at the expense of losing Australia.

Remember when the LNP spent years hounding Labor about their divisions? Well, they’re now tearing themselves apart with a maverick collection of RWNJs determined to see out their vision and feather their nests. If it wasn’t so bad for all of the rest of us mugs I’d be more delighted to watch it all unfold. They’ve lost the electorate despite the MSM doing their best to ignore it all which is exactly what they’ve relied upon for the last 20 years to spread their malevolence.

3 Likes

And don’t you just love there current plan.

Bring down a budget surplus using every accounting trick in the book.

Then I’m sure budget surpluses and debt are going to become so important again once labor is in power. Even though the Libs doubled the debt in office.

1 Like

Will the Govener General just put this government out of its misery? They’ve concocted 8 sitting days until the May budget, so have given up on governing.

3 Likes

Would not be surprised if the libs started signing contracts to build nuclear and coal power stations across the country worth billions aka vic east-west project just to fark everyone off. Spite? You betcha. Wilderness for at least the next 8 years awaits these farkers and they know it.

1 Like

I don’t even know why a surplus is so important.

2 Likes

And building on their private investments.

Make no mistake, 90% of these LNP clowns are in office to build and protect their own personal business interests.

That is their no.1 priority.

1 Like

Na, a coal plant would take years of planning before you could get close to signing. No serious player wants to build them.

1 Like

LNP: Market forces are great! Privatisation is great! Coal is great!

Market Forces: Yeah, nah, screw coal. Renewables is where it’s at.

LNP: Shut up market forces, here, have a lot of government money to build a new coal fired plant.

Market Forces: Yeah, still nah. Stop asking.

LNP: Don’t make me say nasty things about AGL and use a “big stick” on energy prices… I’ll do it…

Market Forces: Yeah, we’re just gonna go over here and install a huge Tesla battery. OK?

11 Likes

Liberals: I hate the invisible hand of the market.

2 Likes

Is he still giving speeches at Croatian fascist get togethers?

1 Like

Must be taking advice from Hilary Clinton on political acumen.

1 Like

Like old fat Brooksy down in Hobart, the mining minister who kept his interest in a working mine while, um, ministering. In the same week he was finally politely persuaded by lil Will (who tried to cover it up) to maybe make a show of paying some of his legal fees from the court case back to the taxpayer, one of his eight investment properties was listed to much fanfare for offers over 2.7mill. Same week Tassie was reported to be the most rent unfriendly state in Oz.

“Adam believes we need a far more open and transparent government that can tackle big issues and be brave enough to make decisions for the greater good - not for just a select few.” - The Honourable Adam Brooks MP

1 Like