Australian Politics, Mark II

Except for the PHON candidate who allegedly ripped off some. Must be the cardboard cut outs.

1 Like

LNP down 10 fkng %. in Longman.

Lol, … you bluddy ripper.

They reckon 4 of the cutouts have already left the party.

4 Likes

Lol. Even when he’s being heckled he has to try and get the last word in. Just walk mate, just go.

3 Likes

Looks like things may not be quite as dire for Shorten as people have suggested?

1 Like

I imagine he’ll be quite Chuffed 'n Puffed for the next few weeks.

Must be due to all those cardboard cutouts of Pauline they have - they are “just as good as her”

LNP are getting their a*se handed to them.

1 Like

Well, who wouldn’t prefer a cardboard Pauline over the real one?

2 Likes

Is there a 3rd choice??

Bad choice of LNP candidates in Mayo and Longman. Mayo went to preferences under her father, drifted from blue blood Liberal to small l Liberal. Georgina would not have lived there for around twenty years. Susan Lamb more empathetic than Big Trev in Longman.
A lesson for Labor - stop putting in your factional candidates in seats where they have no association or appreciation of the voters.

3 Likes

At least you can burn the cardboard ones

Georgina Downer is in the IPA, and i’m not sure SA is an IPA state.

Whenever I see Alexander Downer, I always picture the judges sketch in Monty Python, when they’re wearing the suspender belts under the robes.

2 Likes

Why would that be?

I recall seeing more revealing images back in the day, but they seem to have been expunged from the interwebs.

Georgina was forced into IPA as an inducement to get pre-selection in Victoria. Tim Wilson played her. She got rolled by the very right wing in the party there, Serves her right for compromising her principles.
No matter how Turnbull spins it , there were two very marginal seats in Tasmania and Queensland that were there for the taking,
Super Staturday has been such a fizzer.

It looks as though the ALP could win the next election by doing SFA.

The Australian people have had a gutfull the hundreds of billions being handed to the banks, Murdoch and mining industry. All while Australians are finding it more and more
challenging to pay the mortgage & utility bills.

Counter productive investments by the government.

2 Likes

We can but hope, because sweet FA seems to be about their limit.

2 Likes

I dunno. They are pretty good at abandoning principals and following the ruling facists down the slippery slope of right wingyness in search of votes.

What policies would people point to to say they are better off from the last five years of this government?

There are none.

But it’s not even that.
Our country is not better.

It is poorer, dumber, less connected, less compassionate.

It is more difficult to get an education, a job, a helping hand.

This is not an Australia I am proud of.

14 Likes