Australian Politics, Mark II

And all bank robbers wear a burqas

1 Like

Except for Christian fundamentalists threatening violence on practitioners and patients of family planning clinics.

A fair whack of American terrorists are fanatical Christians.

Most American terrorists are either christian fundementalist and/or white nationalists; of course, if you wanted to, you could count their governments foreign military interventions as well.

4 Likes

I feel like gouging my own eyes out.

1 Like
7 Likes

Turnbull channelling Trump.
ABC tweets comments by Lenore Taylor on its program in regard to the Reef Foundation. Following a complaint by PMO that she was incorrect, Insiders takes down tweet.
Journalists go into overdrive about ABC grovelling.
Foundation itself confirms she was correct. ABC restores tweet, middle ranking ABC officer says it was his mistake, but does not go so far as to say he took the call or who was the caller from the PMO. In the Senate, the government takes a question on notice as to the caller in the PM’s office.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I liked his justification on ABC news this morning about the term “final solution” just being words and it’s everyone else linking it to the holocaust, not him.

But, .what’s he going to s about the ones already here?

Deny them meaningful economic participation and when they commit crimes send them back.

Simples

1 Like

insightful.

Interested to know what action there is for me to take ahead of voting against the local Liberal candidate on election day. And if there’s 100 days worth.

Especially since he noted the “final solution” phrase was written down in advance, not made up on the fly.

Probably read it a half-dozen times in advance of the actual speech, and never noticed? That’s some serious cluelessness.

Yeah, this sort of stuff ■■■■■ me no end. How about effective communication of what your policies are and how they are better than the oppositions? How about laying out what your visions are for the future and how you aim to improve people’s lives? How about detailing what you see as the most important issues facing our society and what needs to be done about them?

Nah, let’s just tell everyone the other guy is a jerk.

Edit: Rant not confined to ALP, but all politicians. I’m sick of slogans and no policy, muck-raking and no practical vision past the next election.

5 Likes

Make sure the sausage and cake stalls are organised for democrasausage? Plenty of tomato and barbecue sauce.

Chilli suace to give it an Asian feel.

Did anyone else catch B Joyce’s appearance on The Weekly last Wednesday? In between promoting his book and deflecting questions about his own moral shortcomings whilst lecturing the community about ours, he said that the book wasn’t about him, rather it was about bringing attention to the poor white rural and outer suburban communities that he represents. C Pickering didn’t pick up on it at the time and it seems to have slipped through. But what did he mean by “poor white communities”. Was it an innocent misrepresentation or was he advocating for government support of white people at the expense of others?

He would have written that deliberately. It’s what’s made his speech so instantly media attractive.

1 Like

That strikes me as a union poster, not ALP official. Union members might know what it’s on about.

My point still stands.