Australian Politics, Mark II

Has the health system improved under them?

Genuine question, I wouldn’t have a clue

It has not.
But a lot of funding is Federal, and I wouldn’t particularly back the Libs in to deliver on that either.
Denis in particular had a wonderful record of claiming ALP funded health projects when they opened, but not much else.

2 Likes

Melbournes traffic issues won’t be fixed with one road, it’s gonna take a few of them and some future proofing to do that.

Personally I think Labour have done more to address the cities transport problems than the Libs would have. More road solutions, and more and better rail solutions too.

The 1billion that Andrews had to pay to get out of EWL was only because the Libs decided to add that to the contract right before an election they knew they were gonna lose.

I trust the Labour to better address the crime issues as they will do more than just “lock em up”.

4 Likes

Hmm disappointing. I hope the election isn’t a my road is bigger than your road election.

Health and education need massive investment to deal with population growth. Not just transport.

5 Likes

I’ll just focus on the desal one as others will fill in the rest but;

Yes water will become more expensive (if ordered) but we’ll have a bit of water insurance.

2 Likes

Also when can we expect the vic election? It tends to fall on my birthday weekend.

24 November - locked in. I think it’s law now that it has to be the last Saturday in November, barring any constitutional funny buggers, I suppose.

Oh good, the day after I fly out.

Can’t say there’s much I would have to argue about with the current Andrews Gov in Vic.

The offering from Liberal party has a few question marks over his past actions, so would hope they had a better candidate on offer to run as leader.

5 Likes

Buried deep, but it was in there.
“The Andrews government made the minimum annual order of 15 gigalitres of desalinated water this year…”

Most Mellon heads know that Melbourne needs to be connected North South.

Just for posterity

2 Likes

People conform to the identity and labels that have been placed upon them by their community.

*Welcome to basic Psychology 101

1 Like

When the LNP have promised us coal seam fracking and cutting investments in renewables? No thanks.

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever voted Labor at the state level, but I will be this time.

Guy and Kroger and their bible-bashing mates and their mobster mates can impale themselves on the rough end of a pineapple.

12 Likes

I’m in a very very safe labour seat so I’ll probably donkey it in with a few ■■■■ and balls illustrations this time.

I voted 1: Derek Kickett for a few elections there in the 90’s but he never got up.

Spot on, you can’t just focus on an issue that effect half of metro Melbourne and not the broader Victorian issues.

Not to mention libs getting in power would see some pretty significant backwards steps when it came to the energy grid

4 Likes

Are the Fibs anymore likely to address the plight of rural voters, or any voters, that aren’t either wealthy or bigoted in some way?

We’ve been lucky in Victoria that the State Government has sheltered and picked up a lot of the services that Federal Government have abandoned.

There has been many times over the last few years, that Turnbull has axed a service… while the State Government has swiftly stepped in to pick up the bill.

I imagine many of the other States would be having a very tough time without the protection of a Labor Party State Government.

2 Likes