Awesome Aussie Bands that were horribly underrated

Was it Miss Dorothy and his Fools In Love who did Volare? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Savage Garden.

Bleutongue - really thought they coulda been huge… Really dug the vocalists voice and I remember seeing the video for Don’t Lead Me On and thinking that there was no way a bass player could ever look cooler…

Bulldozer

Mantissa

Savage Garden.

"horribly". Not horrible.

The Dead Salesmen are still my favourite band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReRenTQ0XZg

My fave from that band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dY22Jh-NEo

Battle Axe Howlers

King of the North

Tarko… Jokes

Butterfly Effect weren't underrated, not round here anyway.

The Reels.

Powdermonkeys

G.O.D.

One Inch Punch (Mid Youth Crisis)

From memory heroin might have played a part in each of those bands demise

1 Like

The Dirty Three

MYC

FRONT END LOADER

THE FAUVES

SNOUT

RICAINE

FIREBALLS

MYC are doing nye at reverence this year

Powder Monkeys played their last ever show last Sunday at Cherry Rock.

Nitocris

Nokturnl

Sidewinder

indeed HM, all cracking people to tour with also. Damo from Noktrunl is one of the best guitar players ive ever seen.

I will also add the following

Non-Intentional Lifeform

Henrys Anger

radiobirdman I guess...

hmm

maybe magic dirt

Deadstar, Motor Ace, Rhubarb.

radiobirdman I guess...

hmm

maybe magic dirt

Irony?

I had not thought about my younger days of going to every live band around in Melbourne, until this topic came up.  And ironically when HM mentioned Sidewinder (my version) my thoughts went back to their music and performances all over Melbourne. 

I was on another site, and a poster come on with the same name as Sidewinders lead singer, so I asked if he was a former Rock Star. Yep, it was him and we had a great blog about old venues and good times about 40 years ago !!!!! 

Beanflipper. Nazxul. Portal. Kromosom. Falling Joys. Cryptal Darkness Insurge. Warsore. Disinterested Handjob. Encabulos. Abhorrent. The Kill. A Million Dead Birds Laughing. Christbait.

Um. That'll do for now.

Christbait, definitely.