Backs & Back Pain. Discs of the Slipped variety etc

It took so so long before they actually would x ray,… I had to nearly force them at Gunpoint, I did in the end, Demand it.

First set they couldn’t do full legs, and did it in 2 seperate ones using identifyiers (?), and that’s where the estinmate of 22 - 25 came from.

15 years on, I went for full leg ones in Dandy a couple back (still couldn’t do them here in Wonny wtf? :roll_eyes:), and the final tally was 30 - 32.

1 Like

Yeah fair enough.
I was just worried you’d been sold a genuine lemon by a podiatrist or chiro or insert other professional here.

1 Like

Im pretty active but never a core king. I swear by the foam rollers back and side, keeps everything limber. Without it i find sciatica is a ■■■■■ - haven’t had it for years now.

1 Like

1st chiro is another I’d like to track down … convinced me I had a “Pelvic rotation” that he could magically fix by pulling on my right leg, and or clicking a little rubber headed hammer type thing THROUGH my Reebok gymboots, and 2 pairs of socks somewhere around my ankle?? :roll_eyes:

He had my pelvis x rayed and showed me the tilt,… (it looked like it was at 30 fkn degrees to me at the time :grin: ), and I am positive without any doubt,… he knew what I had was a a short leg, but didn’t tell me, … that way I’d keep having trouble, and keep coming back…

I’ll save the story of the 2nd Chiro I saw using his wife/ receptionist as an antenna to the Universe to seek help from the ether to diagnose my condition for another time… that was, … wow.

1 Like

Hmm, … not sure what you mean exactly? Intrigued though.

Unfortunately for the decent Chiros (who basically just operate the same as physios) the profession is littered with shamans that have drunk way too much of their own bathwater.
I had one once tell me to stop eating bacon because when he put a rock on my stomach my hamstrings were too strong.

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjTs-7Vm9_kAhUDDisKHTJ-AMQYABAIGgJzZg&ae=1&sig=AOD64_0oFm9EYmLnd3VIwnTzX-yyGBw59Q&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiT6czVm9_kAhXGILcAHTsNAX4Qwg96BAgMEAc&adurl=https://www.amazon.com.au/Roller-Pilates-Exercise-Massage-Physio/dp/B0791XBG1Y/ref%3Dasc_df_B0791XBG1Y/%3Ftag%3Dgoogleshopmob-22%26linkCode%3Ddf0%26hvadid%3D341743156953%26hvpos%3D1o1%26hvnetw%3Dg%26hvrand%3D8278405166455114445%26hvpone%3D%26hvptwo%3D%26hvqmt%3D%26hvdev%3Dm%26hvdvcmdl%3D%26hvlocint%3D%26hvlocphy%3D9068978%26hvtargid%3Dpla-675272896295%26psc%3D1

Maybe a bit too simple for you, but has been a god send form me. When I feel myself getting tight i know im over due. If I rolled my back daily I’d be gold.

If you haven’t used before it would be worth the 30 bucks. Really just loosens those angry back muscles up

1 Like

He wasn’t in Inverloch by any chance was he? Sounds just like my 2nd one. Lol. Classic.

Had one wave crystals over me and my ‘aura’. I was surprised he didnt see my aura change from green to red earlier…

2 Likes

If you’ve got a LLD you almost certainly would have a pelvic rotation?

Hip bone connects to the leg bone. It’s science

Nah Ringwood East just down the road from Ringwood High.
Weird joint all round.

1 Like

Thats true.

He just he didn’t tell me why I had it, and the proper remedy for it and the problems it was causing.

Golden rule learnt from that experience, (& others) if you can call any of these folks and get an appointment within a week, … call someone else, . they have way too much incentive to keep you coming back.

I’ve got the exact opposite problem. My left leg is 30mm longer than my right.

2 Likes

Don’t see a chiro.

If you’re having surgery, don’t think you’ll have your ribs taken out to fix your back. It was possibly bone from your iliac crest. But that’s pretty old school.

Don’t see a chiro

2 Likes

Good advice is good.

While I’m writing what will resemble a thesis, here’s some good starting points (and if anything the Pain Science article will be more word heavy than what I’ll post)

Paul’s writings are systematic review quality but far more easily digestible (at the expense of being peer reviewed prior to publishing which is a process that has more holes in it than our list)

Not back pain specific, but gives an important background/context to pain in general.
I should also point out Moseley (the presented) himself suffers from chronic pain due to ankylosing spondylitis (so he’s not just some quack who’s had no experience with pain on a personal level).

Similar content to the above

Talks about issues faced treating LBP in a purely biomedical sense (which coming from a neurosurgeon is refreshing)

Same guy as above talking about acute/spasm type back pain

This seems like it’s aimed at clinicians but may be helpful (though I vehemently disagree with 7:47 - 8:10, as well as “improving posture”)

2 Likes

Still haven’t had a chance to sit down at the desk top, but in the meantime these are on topic!

2 Likes

Cheers for this,. all of it looks really interesting.

Still wanting to have a look at the Vid with the fella with the Ankylosing Spondylitis presenting, as a good mate suffers from that barstard, … I just can’t look at any of it yet until my blasted NBN is back up. :no_mouth:

His AS isn’t really relevant to his presentation, but I noticed a lot of the YouTube comments seemed to make claims that he must have no idea what it’s like to be in pain, never deal with people in pain etc.
The presentation needs to be taken in the context of it being a Ted Talk. I’m seen him present similar content in the context of being directed more at patients and whilst more or less the same, there were subtle differences in the language which were obviously deliberate.

1 Like

Neat little summary of predictors of prognosis for those with back pain.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Z6hzeHbxS/?igshid=2b0qnby6mfig

1 Like