Bad haircuts

Shorter than a 1?

I generally have far too big and ugly a head for anything to look good…

I’ve used half.

From front on it looks like you have hair.

From the Xmas photos, evidently side on looks like a military hair cut.

1 sides
Fade to 2 at the top
3 on top
?

I dunno, there’s a few videos online.

Was at a point where I was contemplating bullet lines and tribal motifs.

1 Like

When my wife was preparing to cut my hair with the clippers during lockdown we looked up some clips on youtube. The first one that came up was some random chick wearing a latex bodysuit giving haircut tutorials.

Weird.

(I tried to insist to my wife that the latex suit was required in order to do it properly, but she said no)

5 Likes

I tend to find the opposite. Strange gender, they are.

I’ll set the scene.

The now wife is snipping the rebellious hairs-down-there that I’ve missed in my bi-monthly trim. She lost focus and and snipped my nuts. She laughed heartedly and I canned the whole operation.

4 Likes

I share your misgivings but I’m a number two.

Wondering How many will jump in to knock this half-tracker over the mid-wicket fence.

Had an absolute shocker around September last year. I wanted a low fade and the bloke shaved the sides of my head right up to the part. I also wanted a slight trim on top and he said he’d just add texture and not take any length off; the ■■■■ then went ape ■■■■ with the thinning out scissors, to the point it was 1/4 the original length and I looked bald. I had to tell him to stop as he was out of control.
I went to pay and the chick at the front actually apologized to me, so I got home and complained on Yelp and the manager contacted me. He asked for pics, so I sent them through and he immediately gave me a refund and advised me the bloke had been fired!
I feel bad now but at the time I was so happy he was suffering that I popped a beer in delight.

3 Likes

Are you saying that you’re a sh1thead?

1 Like

Bimonthly trim! Going the 70’s look!

I’ve been doing exactly this as well. Mine is easier though as I just do a buzz cut on 0 all over.

The Mrs just quickly checks and tidies up the back and neck lines if needed. Her and the kids do get a good laugh when I miss and leave a patch at the back or start off with the friar tuck look and walk around the house like I’m lost (this still cracks them up).

Although I have noticed I am getting more thorough than even some barbers used to do it. It might sound like its simple, but at that length, even the slighest diff (barely noticeable to the eye) when it grows out can leave height lines.

So you can unintentionally look like this later, Nino Brown from New Jack City style, only nowhere as cool:

1 Like

Also in looking for that image I found this which cracked me up

4 Likes

A few haircuts ago my regular barber asked if I’d like a line shaved in at the part. “Why not”? I said.

The ■■■■■■ made it a half inch wide. Looked like I’d had surgery

it’s difficult to part your hair tge other way, it turns out.

3 Likes

I get a 1 faded into a 2 on the sides and a 2 on top. Once went to a girl in a shooing centre in Eltham and told her to give me that. Well she didnt know how to blend 1 into a 2 and I ended up looking like Fresh Prince of Belair.

Went to the same guy for about 16 years until he passed away, tried a few others but have now settled on this new guy for the past 8 years.

1 Like

Haircuts are probably the only thing girls have to worry about less than boys. Unless you get a real dud or want something strange your cut generally comes out ok and can last for a couple of months.

Getting your hair coloured on the other hand…

1 Like

6 Likes

Why would you want to colour the hair on your hand?

4 Likes

Isn’t it what all the cool kids do these days?

1 Like

Has anyone ever shaved in the friar tuck? Ie like Libba jnr

Unless the boy is married/partnered to the girl and see how much it costs for a haircut for a girl.

2 Likes

Does that stop them, though?